||Berlin Suspender and Button Factory, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario
||Yes, date unknown
||Buildings and Organizations
||26 Apr 2012 |
- HE Berlin Suspender & Button Co. was established in Berlin in 1895. Under the management of C. K. Hagedorn. From a small industry. which was located above the a Grocery, it steadily grew, and in |900 the present large and commodious building was erected on King Street. with a total fioor space of over 10,000 square feet. The additional accommodation provided more room for the latest improved machinery and an increased number of hands, thirty being employed at the present time. The firm manufactures suspenders ol all kinds and armlets, and job in buttons, rubber collars and tailors trimmings. The staff of travellers cover the Dominion from Sidney, Cape Breton, in the east, to the Klondike. and every year has shown a splendid increase in business. The Northwest and British Columbia trade is receiving special attention and shipments are being made almost daily. The firm has adopted the accompanying trade-marlc, which is stamped on every suspender manufactured. The 50-cent suspender is guaranteed to give satisfaction. Recently the firm commenced the manufacture ol "The Faultless " suspender, which was invented and patented by one of the employees, The style is shown in the accompanying cut. lt is exceedingly comlortablg (0 the wearer, as it adjusts itself to the slightest movement. F or the slim; has been on the market. its sale has been unusually large.