||Mill St., Breslau, Ontario
||Peace Lutheran Church, Breslau, Ontario
|congreation begun |
||Buildings and Organizations
||6 Dec 2011 |
- Peace Lutheran Church
Begun: c.1860 Closed: c.1927
The Lutheran congregation in Breslau is reported to have been organized c.1860 by Pastor Immanuel Wurster of St. Peter's Lutheran Church in Preston, who served there from 1854-1881. Pastor Wurster also organized the Lutheran congregations in Hespeler and Shantz Station at about the same time. A church, which was built in 1885, was located on the south side of Mill Street in Breslau. The building was still there in 1969, in use as a residence.
Baptism dates: 1885-1922 Location of records: Wilfrid Laurier University
Marriage dates: 1886-1915 Location of records: Wilfrid Laurier University
Burial dates: 1888-1917 Location of records: Wilfrid Laurier University
Records in the Lutheran Church Archives at Wilfrid Laurier University also include the Confirmations 1888-1914 for this church.
References: Cressman, WHS 1969(57):39; St. Peter's Preston 1934; R. Taylor 19861a
1aAmbrose, Rosemary. Waterloo County Churches A Research Guide to Churches Established Before 1900. Kitchener, Ontario, Canada: Waterloo-Wellington Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 1993. [used the kind permission of Rosemary Ambrose 2011]