||Of, St. George, Brant Co., Ontario
||Branchton United Church, Branchton, Ontario
|Eby ID Number
||Copetown, Wentworth Co., Ontario 
||14 Mar 2017 |
- Branchton United Church
Begun: 1859 Closed: 1970
On the Sheffield Circuit of the Wesleyan Methodists to begin with, the congregation was on the St. George Circuit when a decision was made to build a church in 1859. Built with financial assistance from the Branchton and area Presbyterians, the stone church was dedicated in December 1859; the minister at the dedication service was Rev. William Lund. Rev. Thomas Fawcett, from St. George, was the congregation's first minister. As a condition of their financial support, the Presbyterians held services in the church on alternate Sundays until c.1875 when they began to meet in the Branchton Hall. The church was associated with St. George at this time, in the Brantford District of the London Conference of the Methodist Church.1a
1aAmbrose, Rosemary. Waterloo County Churches A Research Guide to Churches Established Before 1900. Kitchener, Ontario, Canada: Waterloo-Wellington Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 1993.
- [S1559] Book - History of the County of Brant, 112..