|Birth||Mar 1851 |
|House of Industry and Refuge||1911||Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario |
The House of Industry and Refuge. In 1868, 141 acres was purchased on Frederick Street in Berlin (now Kitchener) and the house opened on June 15, 1869. The original building housed 100 and operated as an industrial farm, which raised crops and livestock. The residents worked for their keep if possible, those most did not. The House eventually became a strictly a residence of the aged and later relocated and renamed Sunnyside.
|Residence||Bef 1911||Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario |
|Eby ID Number||Waterloo-110627|
|Died||Yes, date unknown|
|Last Modified||15 Mar 2017|