||4 Jan 1817
||, Prussia, Germany
||F. A. Pfeifer |
||St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Erbsville, Waterloo Region, Ontario
- St. Paul's, associated with St. Peter's, Heidelberg, was founded in 1852 by Rev. Franz Adam Peifer (1852-1859). Land was donated for a cement block church (since known as Allemang Church) and cemetery, which were located several miles north of Erbsville. The church was completed in 1853 and the Kirchenbuch (Church Book) was begun in the next year, 1854, by Rev. Peifer. The present yellow brick church was built in 1877 in the village. Rev. Peifer died in 1859 and in 1860 Rev. Daniel Stahlschmidt began his ministry to the two congregations of St. Paul's and St. Peter's, Heidelberg;1a
1aAmbrose, Rosemary. Waterloo County Churches A Research Guide to Churches Established Before 1900. Kitchener, Ontario, Canada: Waterloo-Wellington Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 1993. [used the kind permission of Rosemary Ambrose 2011]
||2 Jul 1856
|Eby ID Number
||16 Oct 1859
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario 
||15 Mar 2017 |
||Ann Maria Forler, b. 4 Feb 1829, Bischholtz, Alsace Lorraine, France , d. 13 Nov 1916, Stratford, Perth Co., Ontario |
| ||1. Wilhelmina Amelia Pfeifer, b. 5 Jun 1847, Petersburg, Waterloo Region, Ontario , d. 1915|
| ||2. Henry Theodore Peifer, b. 1849, , Waterloo Region, Ontario , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Johannes Wilhelm "John" Pfeifer, b. 3 Sep 1849, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario , d. 27 Dec 1924, New Hamburg, Waterloo Region, Ontario |
- St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church
The congregation was founded in 1837 by Rev. F.W. Bindemann, pastor of St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Kitchener; early services were held in homes or other suitable meeting places. Property for the first church building was purchased from Jacob C. Snider for 5 shillings (approximately $1.25). The cornerstone was laid in the spring of 1838 and dedication services in the new church at 72 King Street North in Waterloo were held in the fall of the same year. Rev. Bindemann was pastor. He was replaced in 1841 by Rev. Jacob Huettner of Preston who then ministered to both congregations. When the church's first membership list was compiled on October 24, 1841, the congregation numbered sixteen persons.
The frame church was destroyed by fire and replaced by a new, larger one in 1883. This, too, was destroyed by fire - on October 31, 1959. The congregation then built a new stone church at a new location on Willow Street, with dedication taking place on October 14, 1962.
Early pastors except for Rev. Bindemann (1837-1841), who was asked to resign in 1841, were Revs. J. Huettner (1841-1849), F.A. Peifer, Immanuel Wurster (1851-1855), and Jacob Hoelsche who began his ministry in 1855. Rev. Wurster ministered to St. Peter's Lutheran Church in Preston jointly with St. John's for one year until assuming charge of only Preston in 1855.1
1Waterloo County Churches A Research Guide To Churches Established Before 1900 By Rosemary Ambrose
- [S1633] Book - Waterloo County Churches A Research Guide to Churches Established Before 1900, 39..