Waterloo Region Generations
A record of the people of Waterloo Region, Ontario.
Search

Lancaster St. W. 0598 - Building - former Bridgeport Casino Kitchener
1903 - 2011


HomeHome    SearchSearch    PrintPrint    Add BookmarkAdd Bookmark

Personal Information    |    Media    |    Notes    |    Event Map    |    All    |    PDF

  • Birth  constructed 1903  598 Lancaster St. W., Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Gender  Unknown 
    Died  still stanidng 2011 
    Person ID  I1132  Properties
    Last Modified  15 Oct 2011 

  • Photos
    598 Lancaster St. West, Kitchener, Ontario
    598 Lancaster St. West, Kitchener, Ontario
    Two Bridgeport landmarks stand above the banks of the Grand River. On the left is the Bridgeport Casino, now the site of Golf's Steak House. The church building once held St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church, now at Lancaster Street West and Bridgeport Road. Image owned by Harold Russell 2011

  • Notes 
    • The Bridgeport Casino was an entertainment business, opened in 1903 by the Breithaupt family It probably was never used for any kind of gambling instead used for social gatherings (dances, picnics, receptions, etc.).  In the 1930's for a time it was home to the Bridgeport Slipper Company. By 1944 it was used again for entertainment and again named the Bridgeport Casino up until 1975 when it became Golf's Steak House & Seafood.

  • Event Map
    Event
    Link to Google MapsBirth - constructed 1903 - 598 Lancaster St. W., Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario Link to Google Earth
     = Link to Google Maps 
     = Link to Google Earth