||12 Feb 1790
||Stratton, Windham, Vermont, United States [2, 3, 4]
||CALC 17 Apr 1793 
||Waterloo Township - Beasley's Broken Front Lot 23, Waterloo County, Ontario
||Waterloo Township - Beasley's Broken Front Lot 08, Waterloo County, Ontario
||Waterloo Twp., Region of Waterloo, Ontario 
|school teacher |
|Eby ID Number
||9 Jul 1844
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario [2, 5]
||Limerick-Cornell Cemetery, Waterloo Township, Waterloo Region, Ontario 
||13 Apr 2017 |
||Leah MacDonald, b. 26 Feb 1796, , New York State , d. 9 Dec 1869, Bethel, Branch, Michigan, United States |
| ||1. Mary Ann "Polly Adams, b. 1821, , New York State , d. 12 Mar 1906, Seattle, King, Washington, United States |
| ||2. Rodney Hamilton Adams, b. 9 Nov 1821, Rochester, Monroe, New York, USA , d. 4 Jun 1903, Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota, USA |
| ||3. George Oliver Adams, b. 21 Feb 1835, , Ontario , d. 9 Jan 1900, Fremont, Isabella, Michigan |
- The first meeting to examine teachers in this county was held at Freeport in December, 1843. The commissioners present were Dr. Fulsom, James Phin, William Tilt, Jacob Lutz and a Church of England clergyman from Guelph who presided. The candidates for certificates were Amos Adams, Benjamin Burkholder, Nelson Newcombe, Elias Eby and one Lazarus who was then teaching in Berlin. Mr. Lazarus, after glancing around the room and making an estimate of the calibre of the Board, walked out remarking quite audibly that he was not going to be examined by a "set of farmers." The other four received their certificates, the first issued in the county, but Mr. Lazarus received none and had to resign his position in Berlin. For subsequent examinations teachers were obliged to go to Guelph, the then county town of the united counties of Wellington, Waterloo and Grey.1a
1aSchool History, Waterloo County and Berlin, By Thomas Pearce PART I. WATERLOO COUNTY. 1802 to 1870., Waterloo Historical Society Annual Volume 1914, pg 32
Amos is reported born in Palmer, Hampden Co., MA, documenation needed.
- [S5] Vit - - ON, Waterloo - 1858-1869 Marriage Register.
Francis Dennis b. England res: Galt Age: 32 born abt 1826 father: Francis mother: Elizabeth married Mary Ann Sherick Age:: 36 born abt 1822 b. New York Spouse res: Galt father: Amos Adams mother: Lea Adams married 6 Mar 1858 county: Waterloo
- [S287] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Limerick-Cornell CC#5417.
In memory of / Amos Adams / who died / July 9, 1844 / AE 51 y's 2 mo / & 22 d's
- [S2247] Michigan, Deaths and Burials Index, 1867-1995 - Ancestry.com, FHL Film Number: 1005119.
Geo. O. Adams Birth Date: abt 1833 Birth Place: Canada Death Date: 9 Jan 1900 Death Place: Fremont, Isabella, Michigan Death Age: 67 Occupation: Merchant Race: White Marital Status: Married Gender: Male Father Name: Amus Adams Father Birth Place: Vermont Mother Name: Mcdonald Labar
- [S2371] Vermont, Vital Record, 1720-1908 - Ancestry.com.
Birth Date: 12 Feb 1790
Birth Place: Stratton, Vermont, USA
Father Name: Andrew Adams
Mother Name: Rebeckah
- [S244] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Deutsche Canadier (1841-1865), 25 Jul 1844 Page 30.
Amos Adams Died 9 Jul 1844 School teacher
|Birth - 12 Feb 1790 - Stratton, Windham, Vermont, United States
|Possessions - 1837 - Waterloo Township - Beasley's Broken Front Lot 08, Waterloo County, Ontario
|Occupation - school teacher - 1844 - Waterloo Twp., Region of Waterloo, Ontario
|Died - 9 Jul 1844 - Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario
|Buried - - Limerick-Cornell Cemetery, Waterloo Township, Waterloo Region, Ontario