||15 Feb 1844
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
||Anna C. Bowman |
||Hannah C. Cressman |
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario 
|Eby ID Number
||28 Aug 1908 [7, 8]
|Cause: heart trouble, dropsy, abscess on one of the lungs |
||First Mennonite Cemetery, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario 
||15 Mar 2017 |
||Samuel S. Cressman, b. 30 Mar 1817, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario , d. 5 Jan 1870, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario |
||Barbara Cressman, b. 8 Jul 1823, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario , d. 9 May 1896, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario |
||13 Apr 1841
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario
||Rev. Samuel S. Bowman, b. 15 Jul 1834, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario , d. 24 Nov 1924, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario |
||24 Mar 1887 [1, 2, 9]
- Anna C. Cressman, "the second in the family, was born February 15th, 1844. On March 24th, 1887, she was married to Rev. Samuel Baumann. They reside near Centreville, two miles south-east of Berlin. She has no family. "1a
1aBiographical History of Waterloo Township by Ezra Eby
Bowman. - Sister Anna Cressman, wife of Pre. Samuel S Bowman, passed peacefully away at her home near Berlin, Ont., Sept. 21, 1908. Sister Bowman was a patient sufferer for about eleven months from a complication of diseases, having heart trouble, dropsy and also an abscess on one of the lungs. During about ten weeks of her sickness her mind was affected to such an extent that she remembered nothing about what occurred during that time. Two weeks before the end came her mind was fully restored. It was like waking from a long sleep. From that time on she was perfectly conscious until death relieved her of all earthly cares and sorrows. Sister Bowman realized that her end was drawing near and expressed her desire to depart this life and be with the Lord. She left a bright hope for the future. She was a consistent member of the Mennonite Church for many years. She leaves a sorrowing husband, three step-children, seven brothers and three sisters to mourn her departure. The funeral was held Aug 31, at the Berlin Church. The services at the home were conducted by Urias Weber and at the church by Bishops Daniel Wismer and Jonas Snider, who spoke from the texts, Rev. 14:13 and Rom. 6:23. She was aged 64 y. 7 m. 132a
2aGospel Herald - Vol. I, No. 26 - September 26, 1908 - page 415
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 491.
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 85.
- [S134] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1851, Div 2 Pg 6.
- [S132] Census - ON, Waterloo, Waterloo North - 1901, Waterloo C-5 Page 2.
- [S140] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1881, Div. 3 Page 19.
- [S190] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1871, Div. 1 Page 22.
- [S47] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - First Mennonite CC#4507 Internet link First Mennonite Cemetery online.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, September 26, 1908 - Obituary of Anna Cressman.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, Obituary of Rev. Samuel S. Bowman - December 11, 1924.