Constructed by James Watson, later owned by John Tilt, Susan and Irving Watson. Watson moved to Doon in 1843 and first built his home and sawmill. In 1848 he bought more land to start a woollen mill later the mill was used as a pail and stave factory. The mill was taken over as Peddar & Cole Mill destroyed by fire there is no trace is left. It was the birthplace of artist Homer Watson.