The hub and spoke manufacturing business first started by Thomas Todd and John Davidson in 1861 and later operated by Young and Smith. Mr. Scott purchased the business in 1873 and operated it for many years as R. Scott and Son Ltd., later the Victoria Wheel Works. The buildings were damaged by fire in 1882 but were rebuilt and enlarged. Mr. Scott continued to manage the business until 1906 when he sold it to his son-in-law George A. Dobbie. The business was located at the foot of Main St. for many years before moving to new facilities on Middleton St. in 1913.
Birth - 1861 - Main St., Cambridge, Waterloo Region, Ontario
Business - - Victoria Wheel Works, Cambridge, Waterloo Region, Ontario