||28 Jun 1886
||Ayr, Waterloo Region, Ontario [1, 2, 3]
||Anna Maude "Maude" Brohman |
|Eby ID Number
||26 Mar 1933
||Ayr, Waterloo Region, Ontario [2, 4]
|Cause: Cause: Carcinoma of Pancreas & Opening of Stomach (9 months) |
||28 Mar 1933
||Ayr Cemetery, Ayr, Waterloo Region, Ontario [2, 5]
||14 Mar 2017 |
- Mrs. A.G. Brohman - Death Claims Highly Esteemed Ayr Lady on Sunday
Although not unexpected, the demise of Mrs. A.G. Brohman on Sunday morning came as a distinct shock to the residents of this community. Taken with a fatal malady last fall, an operation temporarily improved her condition, but during the past month or more she rapidly lost ground, terminating in her death on Sunday.
Deceased, whose maiden name was Maude Kyle, was a lady of much talent and a most pleasing personality. She was highly esteemed by a host of friends and took an active part in the Women's Institute, Ladies' Bowling Club and the choir and various women's organizations of Knox United Church of which she was a member. She was born in Ayr 45 years ago and spent all of her lifetime in this village.
The loss of her husband about a year ago and the suffering she endured during the long months of her illness were borne by Mrs. Brohman with much courage. Receiving her friends with her old-time cheerfulness, she retained interest in the affairs of the village until the end.
Besides her sorrowing mother, she is survived by one son, Edward, of the O.A.C., Guelph, both of whom will have the sympathy of the entire community in their sad bereavement.
Many sorrowing friends and relatives attended the funeral, which took place to Ayr Cemetery on Tuesday afternoon. The Rev. J.W. Currie had charge of the services, while a quartette, comprising Mrs. J.M. Hunt, Mrs. G.A. Graham, A.L. Easton and A.G. Watson, sang the selection, "Safe in the Arms of Jesus." Many beautiful floral tributes bore silent testimony to the high esteem in which deceased was held. The pallbearers were: G.H. Lawrence, J.C. Swan, M.A. Cochrane, J.C. Kyle, L.R. Gifford, Toronto, and Alex Brohman, Kitchener. Friends and relatives were present from Buffalo, Toronto, Kitchener, Brantford, Paris, Winterbourne, Milton? and Guelph.
Ayr News Mar 30 1933 pg 1
- [S326] Ayr (Village) A Page 12.
- [S619] "Obituary of Mrs. A. G. Brohman," Mar 30 1933 pg 1..
- [S57] Name: Annie Maude Kyle Date of Birth: 28 Jun 1886 Gender: Female Birth Place: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada Father's name: Adam Kyle Mother's name: Nellie Collison
- [S116] Name: Anna Maude Brohman Gender: Female Birth Year: abt 1888 Birth Place: Ontario Age at Death: 45 Death Date: 26 Mar 1933 Death Place: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada Father: Adam Kyle Mother: Ellen Collison
- [S367] B/ Alfred G. Brohman/ 1882 - 1932/ his wife/ Anna Maude Kyle/ 1888 - 1933/ Adam Kyle/ 1855 - 1926/ Brohman