||28 Feb 1834
||Edinburgh, , Midlothian, Scotland [1, 2, 3]
||7-11 Water St. N., Cambridge, Waterloo Region, Ontario
|J. Anderson & Son furniture and undertaking |
- Anderson, J. & Son, furniture & undertakers, 7-11 Water N Galt
Union Publishing Co's (of Ingersoll) Farmers' and Business Directory for the Counties of Grey, Waterloo and Wellington. Vol. IX. 1895, pg. 38
Galt Alpha: Anderson, J & Son, furniture
Bard's & Co's Business and Professional Directory of Guelph, Stratford, Ingersoll, Waterloo, Berlin, Galt and Woodstock, (New York & Toronto, 1898-99) (rych mills collection)
Galt Classified: Undertakers: Anderson J. a Water
Union Publishing Co's Farmers and Business Directory for the Counties of Halton, Waterloo and Wellington 1906 Vol.XVI, (Ingersoll, Ont. 1906), pg. 285.
Galt: Anderson J & Son, furniture & undertaking
Vernon's Directory Galt, Preston and Hespeler
1900 '96 1902, alpha list and under Furniture and Undertakers in Classified ads
||Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario 
|Eby ID Number
||29 Jul 1907 [2, 3]
||Mount View Cemetery, Cambridge, Waterloo Region, Ontario 
||14 Mar 2017 |
||Ann Martin, b. CALC 14 Jan 1834, , York Co., Ontario , d. 14 May 1897, Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario |
| ||1. Albert J. Anderson, b. 6 Dec 1863, , Ontario , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Phoebe Anderson, b. 2 Apr 1870, , Ontario , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Jennie Anderson, b. 3 Apr 1872, , Ontario , d. Nov 1906|
| ||4. William Henry Anderson, b. 30 Mar 1874, , Ontario , d. Yes, date unknown|
- In the death of Mr. John Anderson, undertaker, which sad event occurred this morning, one of the best known citizens is removed from the community in which he was held in universal esteem. The illness under which he labored was of two years' duration, the nature of the disease baffling the skill of the physicians, who could afford very little relief of the intense suffering of the patient. Up to within a few moments of his death he was conscious and took final leave of his sons and daughter who had been assiduous in their attentions to the sick man and did all that was possible to alleviate his pain and comfort him as the end approached. Mr. Anderson, a native of Edinburgh, Scotland, came to Galt some twenty years ago, from Wingham. He had previously resided in Collingwood. All these years he conducted a furniture and undertaking establishment, the work of which he personally supervised, until advancing age and a serious internal trouble forced him to retire, leaving the business affairs in the hands of his son and partner, Mr. Wm. Anderson. His wife who died six years ago, was Miss Ann Martin, of Oshawa. Four children blessed the union, two sons and two daughters. The death of Jennie which occurred last November, was the first break in the family. There are left Miss Phoebe, at home; Mr. A. J., of Aylmer, and Mr. W. H. Anderson. One sister in Edinburgh, a widow with a large family, also survives. Deceased was a man of superior intelligence, of unflagging industry and of good business ability. He enjoyed a reputation for scrupulous honesty and unimpeachable integrity. Sociable in his instincts he made many friends, whom he was always ready to serve in whatever way he could. A member of Collingwood Lodge of Oddfellows, he identified himself with the local lodge and joined the Encampment. He was enthusiastic in the support of the Order and the membership held him in high esteem. Deceased was an adherent of Knox Church and a Liberal in politics. The funeral will take place on Wednesday afternoon to Mount View cemetery.1a
1a"After Long Illness. John Anderson, Undertaker, Passes Away in his Seventy-fifth Year." Galt Daily Reporter, Monday, July 29, 1907
- [S259] Census - ON, Waterloo, Galt - 1901, Galt (Town/Ville) C-4 Page 2.
- [S122] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Cambridge - Mount View CC#4495 Internet Link .
In memory of/ John Anderson/ died July 29th 1907/ aged 73 years & 5 months/ Ann Martin/ beloved wife of/ John Anderson/ died May l4th 1897/ aged 63 years & 4 months/ We miss thee from our home, Mother, we miss thee from thy place/ but thy memory will be cherished, till we see thy heavenly face/ Anderson
- [S1338] News - ON, Waterloo, Cambridge - Galt Reporter (1846-1973), “After Long Illness. John Anderson, Undertaker, Passes Away in his Seventy-fifth Year.” Monday, July 29, 1907.
|Birth - 28 Feb 1834 - Edinburgh, , Midlothian, Scotland
|Business - J. Anderson & Son furniture and undertaking - - 7-11 Water St. N., Cambridge, Waterloo Region, Ontario
|Occupation - Undertaker - 1901 - Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario
|Buried - - Mount View Cemetery, Cambridge, Waterloo Region, Ontario