||congregation begun 1852
||3258 Roseville Rd., Roseville, Ontario
||Roseville Lutheran Church, Roseville, Ontario
|congregation begun |
||Buildings and Organizations
||29 Aug 2011 |
- Roseville Lutheran Church
Begun: c.1852 Closed:
A frame church which was built in 1852 was later sold to the Methodists, and then to the United Brethren in Christ c.1884. The same building is in use today by the Roseville congregation of the United Brethren in Christ, although somewhat changed in appearance due to extensive remodelling and the addition of a new wing.
Cronmiller (1961:119) states that in September 1853 Roseville was ministered to by Rev. Charles Frederick Diehl (1853-1855), along with New Hamburg, Petersburg and Mannheim.
Records: No records have been found
References: Cronmiller 1961:1191a
1aAmbrose, Rosemary. Waterloo County Churches A Research Guide to Churches Established Before 1900. Kitchener, Ontario, Canada: Waterloo-Wellington Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, 1993. [used the kind permission of Rosemary Ambrose 2011]