History of Fire Station No. 2 - 318 Duke Street West Kitchener
May 29, 1913: Henry and William Dunker, carpenter contractors sold the land to the city of Berlin for $1500.00.
The building was completed under Chief John Cook's direction and began operating with a staff of four.
1913 to 1964: Fire Station No. 2 is active.
July 1965: Chief Puttnam closes No. 2 station and a new one is built on Guelph St., Kitchener.
1965: Building is sold into private ownership.
1965 to 1972: Used as a storage facility by Electrohome.
1972 to 2004: Building becomes home to an auto repair and used car sales lot for different owners spanning over thirty years.
One owner's wife operated a hair salon on the 2nd floor during the 19801a
1aTHE NORTH WATERLOO REGION BRANCH ARCHITECTURAL CONSERVANCY OF ONTARIO Newsletter July-Aug 2013 Vol 9 No. 4
Birth - constructed 1913 - 318 Duke St. W., Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario
Firehall - 1913 - 318 Duke St. W., Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario