||1 Feb 1898
||East Zorra Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario 
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario 
|Eby ID Number
||24 Dec 1978 
||Nith Valley Mennonite Cemetery, Waterloo Region, Ontario 
||22 Aug 2013 |
||Rudolph Roth, b. 10 Dec 1868, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario , d. 1 Mar 1943, New Hamburg, Waterloo Region, Ontario |
||Lovina Z. Hostetler, b. 7 Aug 1873, , Ontario , d. 24 Apr 1927, New Hamburg, Waterloo Region, Ontario |
||15 Mar 1892
||Barbara Martin, b. Apr 1901, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario , d. Aft 1978 |
||7 Feb 1923 
||2 Dec 2008 |
- ROTH, Moses, son of the late Rudolph and Lavina (Hostetler) Roth, was born in Oxford Co., Ont., on Feb. 1, 1898, died on Dec. 24, 1978, after a brief illness; aged 80 years. On Feb. 7, 1923, he was married to Barbara Martin, who survives. Also surviving are one daughter (Gladys) and one sister (LaVina - Mrs. Irvin Shantz). He was preceded in death by one sister (Elizabeth - Mrs. Elmon Shantz), 3 brothers (Arthur, Harry, and Wilfrid). He was ordained to the ministry in 1931 and as bishop in 1937 and was active in various church capacities and in mission outreach. Funeral services were held in the New Hamburg Conservative Mennonite Church, in charge of Elmer Grove and Alvin Baker; interment in the Nith Valley Mennonite Cemetery. 1a
1aGOSPEL HERALD - Volume 72, Number 5 - January 30, 1979, page 94
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, (Goshen Indiana, The Mennonite Church USA Archives, 1999), Volume 78, Number 45 - November 5, 1985, pages 780, 782 Obituary of Hannah Martin.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, (Goshen Indiana, The Mennonite Church USA Archives, 1999), May 19, 1927 - Obituary of Lavina Roth.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, (Goshen Indiana, The Mennonite Church USA Archives, 1999), January 30, 1979 - Obituary of Moses Roth.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, (Goshen Indiana, The Mennonite Church USA Archives, 1999), March 25, 1943 - Obituary of Rudolph Roth.