|Birth||1838||, Switzerland |
|House of Industry and Refuge||1878 |
The House of Industry and Refuge. In 1868, 141 acres was purchased on Frederick Street in Berlin (now Kitchener) and the house opened on June 15, 1869. The original building housed 100 and operated as an industrial farm, which raised crops and livestock. The residents worked for their keep if possible, those most did not. The House eventually became a strictly a residence of the aged and later relocated and renamed Sunnyside.
|Eby ID Number||Waterloo-75641|
|Died||9 Oct 1878||Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario |
|Last Modified||15 Mar 2017|
|Family||John Henry Jaimet, b. 22 Jun 1842, , Switzerland , d. Bef 1911, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario|
|Family ID||F32583||Group Sheet|