Cambrai Memorial, Louveral , Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France
Notes: The Memorial stands on a terrace in Louverval Military Cemetery, which is situated on the north side of the N30, south of Louverval village. The small village of Louverval is on the north side of the road from Bapaume to Cambrai (N30), 13 kilometres north-east of Bapaume and 16 kilometres south-west of Cambrai. There are CWGC signposts on the N30 to give advance warning of arrival at the Cemetery. Parts of Rows B and C of the cemetery were made between April and December 1917 and in 1927, graves were brought in from Louverval Chateau Cemetery, which had been begun by German troops in March 1918 and used by Commonwealth forces in September and October 1918. The cemetery now contains 124 First World War burials.
Latitude: 50.4733811, Longitude: 2.7127222
Matches 1 to 2 of 2
This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ©, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2017