1878 - 1960 (82 years)
||Manasseh Toman |
||20 Sep 1878
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [3, 4, 5, 6]
|Eby ID Number
||21 Oct 1960
||Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Cause: stroke |
||7 Jan 2020 |
||Samuel Bricker Toman, b. 28 Mar 1833, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 29 Oct 1922, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 89 years) |
||Elizabeth Hunsberger, b. 4 Jun 1836, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 14 Sep 1914, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 78 years) |
||14 May 1862
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [1, 7]
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Elsie Biehn, b. 18 Dec 1879, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 29 Sep 1947, Humboldt, , Saskatchewan, Canada (Age 67 years) |
||26 Mar 1902
||Freeport (Kitchener), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
| ||1. Willard Hedley Toman, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Gertrude Toman, b. 2 Feb 1903, , Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 8 Jan 1929, Watrous, , Saskatchewan, Canada (Age 25 years)|
| ||3. Mary Elizabeth Toman, b. 4 Jan 1904, , Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 17 Jul 1964, Lanigan, , Alberta (Age 60 years)|
| ||4. Loretta Elsie Toman, b. 1 Mar 1910, d. 18 Nov 1981 (Age 71 years)|
| ||5. Clarence Earl Toman, b. 29 Jul 1915, Guernsey, Alberta , d. 1 Feb 2003 (Age 87 years)|
||8 Jan 2020 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
image from: Roots, Shoots & Fruits by Reta Mae (Coleman) Toman
- Toman, Manassa, son of Samuel and Elizabeth (Hunsberger) Toman, was born Sept. 21, 1878, at New Dundee, Ont.; died of a stroke at Kitchener, Ont., Oct. 21, 1960; aged 82 y. 1 m. On March 26, 1902, he was married to Elsie Biehn, who died Sept. 29, 1947. Two daughters, 6 brothers, and 6 sisters also preceded him in death. Surviving are 4 children (Mary Elizabeth --Mrs. Allen Cressman, Loretta Elsie-Mrs. Wesley Shantz, and Clarence Earl, all of Guernsey, Sask.; and Willard Hedly, Kitchener, Ont.), 19 grandchildren, 8 great-grandchildren, one brother (Abraham, New Dundee, Ont.), and one sister (Mrs. Samanda Didson, Collingwood, Ont.). He was a member of the Breslau Church. In 1960 he homesteaded near Guernsey, Sask., and was a member of the Sharon Church. Services at the Breslau Church were in charge of J. B. Martin, and at Sharon, Guernsey, Sask., on Oct. 25, in charge of Stanley D. Shantz.
Gospel Herald - Vol. LIII, Number 47 - December 6, 1960, Page 1054 1055
- [S10] Book - Vol II A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 538.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, Obituary of Gertrude Toman - Feb. 2, 1903.
- [S57] Vit - ON - Birth Registration.
Manassa Toman Born: 20 Sep 1878 County: Waterloo Father: Samuel Toman Mother: Elizabeth Hunsperger
- [S140] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1881, Division 3 Page Number 24 Household Number 106.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, December 6, 1960 - Obituary of Manassa Toman.
- [S140] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1881, Div. 3 Page 24.
- [S6] Church Records - ON, Waterloo - Bindeman, F. W. - Card Index Kitchener Public Library.
Samuel Thomann, farmer of Wilmot married 6 Oct 1857 to Lydia Hunschberger of Wilmot.
- [S79] Marriage Invitation - Leone Sherk Collection.