1797 - Yes, date unknown
||Conrad Rudell |
||, Hessen, Germany 
||Preston (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||Yes, date unknown
||16 Oct 2021 |
||Margaret Fischer, b. 1800, , Hessen, Germany , d. Yes, date unknown |
| ||1. Philip Rudel, b. 1824, , Hessen, Germany , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Conrad Rudel, b. 1825, , Hessen, Germany , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. John Rudell, b. 28 Apr 1833, , Hessen, Germany , d. 28 Aug 1905, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 72 years)|
||16 Oct 2021 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church
The congregation was organized on December 1, 1834 by the Rev. F.W. Bindemann (1834-1838). Worship services were held in homes and barns until the Lutheran Rudel brothers erected a stone building for this purpose at the corner of what is now Queenston Road and Montrose Street. The premises were also made available to other congregations when they were first established in Preston. Land for a Lutheran church was purchased in 1837 and a frame church was built in 1839 on King Street on the site of the present St. Peter's. This fifty foot by forty foot church with its sixty foot tower was Preston's first church, called Christ Church, and was free for the use of all denominations. The building was used until replaced by the present-day stone church. The cornerstone for the new church was laid on August 21, 1887. The old frame church had been relocated before then to a lot on the corner of Queen and Church Streets where the congregation worshipped until the new stone church was ready for consecration in 1889. Weekly evening services in the English language began at that time.
A new parsonage was built in 1913 on land behind the church, and renovations and improvements have been made to the interior of the church over the years. A new Christian Education wing was built in 1957 (cornerstone: January 27, 1957) and dedicated in 1958. Pastors who followed F.W. Bindemann were Revs. J. Huettner (1838-1849) who was the first regular pastor, F. Hildebrandt (1849-1850), Jacob Hoelsche (1850-1854), and Rev. Immanuel Wurster who served the congregation from 1854-1881. Rev. Wurster also ministered to St. James Evangelical Lutheran Church in Hespeler.1
1Waterloo County Churches A Research Guide To Churches Established Before 1900 By Rosemary Ambrose
- [S10] Book - Vol II A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 204.
- [S270] Census - ON, Waterloo, Preston - 1852, Pg 11.