1892 - 1978 (86 years)
||Simeon Groff |
||19 Apr 1892
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 3, 4, 5]
|Eby ID Number
||26 Sep 1978
||Cambridge, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [4, 5, 6]
||First Mennonite Cemetery, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [4, 5]
||20 Aug 2020 |
||Andrew B. Groff, b. 9 Sep 1854, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 5 Jul 1911 (Age 56 years) |
||Barbara Ann Block, b. 30 Sep 1858, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 2 Sep 1896 (Age 37 years) |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Violet Snyder, b. 28 Nov 1897, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 13 Dec 1992, Cambridge, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 95 years) |
||21 Aug 2020 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- GROFF, Simeon -- At the Fairview Mennonite G\\Home, Cambridge (P), on Tuesday September 26, 1978, after a brief illness, Simeon Groff, aged 86 years. A member of First Mennonite Church. Had been employed at Hahn Brass Limited for 35 years; until his retirement in 1958. Husband of the former Violet Snyder; father of Weyburn of Goshen, Ind., James of Guelph, Merle and Mrs. Dorothy Hallman; both of Kitchener; step-brother of Moses of Ariss; brother of Mrs. Ida Kaiser and Mrs. Louise Jantzi, both of Kitchener, Mrs. Omar (Elsie) Snyder of New Hamburg, Mrs. Eva Gross of New York. Twelve grandchildren and three great-grandchildren also survive. Predeceased by his parents, three brothers and three sisters. Friends may call at the Ratz-Bechtel Funeral Home, 621 King St. W., Kitchener, where the funeral service will be held on Thursday, at 3 p.m. Rev. Glenn Brubacher officiating. Interment will be in the First Mennonite cemetery.
The Kitchener-Waterloo Record 27 Sep 1978
Groff, Simeon, died at Fairview Mennonite Home, Cambridge, Ont. Sept. 26, 1978; aged 86 y. He was married to Violet Snyder, who survives. Also surviving are 3 sons (Weyburn, James, and Merle), one daughter (Mrs. Dorothy Hallman), 12 grandchildren, 3 great-grandchildren, 4 sisters (Mrs. Ida Kaiser, Mrs. Louise Jantzi, Elsie Mrs. Omar Snyder, and Mrs. Eva Gross), and one stepbrother (Moses). He was a member of First Mennonite Church, Kitchener, Ont. Funeral services were held at Ratz-Bechtel Funeral Home, Sept. 28, in charge of Glen Brubacher; interment in First Mennonite Cemetery.
Gospel Herald - Volume 71, Number 42 - October 24, 1978 - pages 833, 834
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 726.
- [S133] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1901, Wilmot H-6 Page 6.
- [S86] Census - ON, Waterloo, Waterloo South - 1901, Waterloo (South/Sud) G-4 Page 12.
- [S47] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - First Mennonite CC#4507 Internet link First Mennonite Cemetery online.
Groff / Simeon / Groff / 1892-1978 / Violet / Snyder / 1897-1992 / in loving memory
- [S74] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Kitchener-Waterloo Record (1948-1994), Obituary of Simeon Groff - 27 Sep 1978.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, Obituary of Simeon Groff - October 24, 1978.
|Born - 19 Apr 1892 - Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - 26 Sep 1978 - Cambridge, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Buried - - First Mennonite Cemetery, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada