1860 - 1880 (19 years)
||Harvey C. Welliver |
||7 Jun 1860
||Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [1, 2]
||15 Apr 1880
||Toronto, York Co., Ontario, Canada [1, 3]
||Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|School Teacher |
|Eby ID Number
||Hawkesville Union Cemetery, Hawkesville, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||16 Jul 2019 |
||Chester K. Welliver, b. 1833, , , USA , d. 8 Feb 1899, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 66 years) |
||Martha Hawke, b. 18 May 1840, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 14 Feb 1875 (Age 34 years) |
||17 Jan 1862
||Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|Born - 7 Jun 1860 - Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - 15 Apr 1880 - Toronto, York Co., Ontario, Canada
|Occupation - School Teacher - 1881 - Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Buried - - Hawkesville Union Cemetery, Hawkesville, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
- It becomes our sad duty to record the death of Mr. H. C. Welliver, whose illness at Toronto we mentioned last week. He had been poorly for a week, when very early on the morning of the 10th inst., he suddenly became worse from an attack of inflammation of the lungs. For a time he failed fast, and it soon became apparent that his vitality was not sufficient to stand the ordeal. His friends were telegraphed for, and they hastened to his bedside. Then on Sunday morning he crossed the bourn whence no traveller returns. His remains were brought by train on Monday morning to Berlin. There a deputation from Elmira Lodge I.O.O.F. (of which deceased had been a member) was in waiting to take charge of them, and convey them to his father's residence. On Tuesday a very large concourse of friends and aquaintances met to pay their last tribute of respect to the deceased. The funeral cortege was also a very large one, and as it slowly moved off towards Hawkesville, the place of the family burying ground, it consisted of the following, who travelled in the order named: Minister (Rev. Mr. Dean) Hearse, Bearers, Chief Mourners, Members of the Elmira Lodge I.O.O.F. Other members of that Order, Deputation from High School, Berlin, General Public making in all about 40 vehicles. On arriving at Hawkesville, Rev. Mr. Dean preached an impressive discourse from 1 Peter lc., 24v.; after which they committed all that was mortal of Harvey C. Welliver to the earth, according to the rites of the order to which he belonged. Deceased at the time of his death lacked only a few days of being 20 years old. He was thoughtful, modest, and rather retiring; was of good moral character, and highly esteemed by those who knew him best. In his death we lose one who promised fair to become a useful member of society. During his sickness in Toronto his fellow students waited on him constantly; the teachers of the Normal School were also very attentive, and on Monday morning the whole school marched in a procession with his remains to the railway station. The ladies attending that school sent a handsome wreath of flowers to lay upon his coffin. Requiescat in pace.
THE ELMIRA ADVERTISER. April 19th, 1883.
- [S120] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Wellesley - Hawkesville Union CC#4529 Waterloo Region Branch, OGS.
In memory of / Harvey C / son of / C.K. & Martha / Wellever / died April 15 1880 / aged 19 yr's 10 / m's & 8 dy's
- [S130] Census - ON, Waterloo, Woolwich - 1881, Div. 2 Page 5.
- [S956] News - ON, Waterloo, Elmira - Elmira Advertiser, "Obituary of H. C. Welliver," April 19th, 1883.
- [S5] Vit - - ON, Waterloo - 1858-1869 Marriage Register.
Martha Hawke Born: Canada Res: Waterloo Co.unty, Ontario, Canada Age: 19 Father: John Mother: Martha Born: 1843 Spouse: Charles Wellmer born: Canada Res: Wellesley Township Mother: Ruth A. married 17 Jan 1862 county: Waterloo