1864 - 1902 (38 years)
||Flora McLean Boyd |
||12 Jan 1864
||, Ontario, Canada [1, 2, 3, 4]
||Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|C. Presb. |
|Eby ID Number
||27 Mar 1902
||Troy, Rensselaer, New York, USA [3, 4]
||Rushes Cemetery, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [3, 4]
||25 Jan 2021 |
||Rev. James Boyd, b. CALC 3 Dec 1814, , Scotland , d. 10 Jun 1888, Crosshill, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age ~ 73 years) |
||Annie Inglis, b. CALC 20 Jun 1819, , Scotland , d. 12 Sep 1900, Crosshill, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age ~ 81 years) |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Obituary - a deep gloom was cast over the village on Thursday when the sad news spread that Miss Flora Boyd had passed away in Troy N.Y. after a brief illness of acute rheumatism. Miss Boyd's death is doubly sad to her relatives as it is only three short months ago since her sister Jennie passed away and a little more than a year since they lost their beloved mother. She was a daughter of the late Rev. James Boyd and leaves four sisters and a brother who have the deep sympathy of their many friends. The remains were brought to the home of her sister Mrs. Ferris where an impressive service was held Saturday at 3 pm conducted by rev. Mr. w. Haig assisted by Rev. Mr. Cunningham of Hawkesville. The floral tributes were most beautiful amongst them being large bouquets of Easter Lilies. The remains were then conveyed to Rush's Cemetery followed by a large concourse of sorrowing friends and then consigned to their last resting place.
Word was received[sic] last Thursday afternoon of the death of Miss Flora McK. Boyd, a report of which appears in our Crosshill news on the first page. Miss Boyd was well- known and very popular here, especially in social and musicial [sic] circles, her high education as a pianist and her personal attractions winning all to her side. Her death is deeply regretted.
Wellesley Maple Leaf Apr 3 1902 pg 1
Obituary is supplied by the Wellesley Township Heritage and Historical Society Click here to go to their website.
- [S113] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wellesley Twp. - 1881, Division 3 Page 5.
- [S269] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wellesley Twp. - 1871, Div. 4, Pg. 78.
- [S2191] News - ON, Waterloo, Wellesley - Wellesley Maple Leaf, Obituary of Miss Flora Boyd - Apr 3 1902 pg 1.
- [S241] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Wellesley - Rushes CC#4536 Waterloo Region Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society.
[Front] In loving memory of/ Rev. James Boyd/ Died/ June 10, 1888/ Aged 73 yrs. 6 m./ Boyd
[Left] Annie Inglis/ His beloved wife/ Died/ Sept. 12, 1900/ Aged/ 81 yrs. 2 m. 23 dys./ Sara A. Boyd [Back] Jane Bowman/ Boyd/ Born May 13, 1856/ Died/ Dec. 30, 1901 [Right] Flora McLean/ Boyd/ Born/ Jan. 12, 1864/ Died/ Mar. 27, 1902/ Mary Boyd
- [S855] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wellesley Twp. - 1861, Sect. 17 Page 116.
|Born - 12 Jan 1864 - , Ontario, Canada
|Residence - C. Presb. - 1871 - Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - 27 Mar 1902 - Troy, Rensselaer, New York, USA
|Buried - - Rushes Cemetery, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada