1798 - 1879 (80 years)
||Lent Ephraim "Ephraim" Munson |
||28 Sep 1798
||Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, United States 
||Ephraim Munson  |
|Eby ID Number
||22 Aug 1879
||, Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada 
||Sheffield Cemetery, Sheffield, Beverly Twp., Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada 
||10 Sep 2023 |
||Eliza Sarah "Sarah" Springer, b. CALC 17 Oct 1801, of, Beverly Twp., Wentworth Co., Ontario , d. 1 Apr 1891, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age ~ 89 years) |
| ||1. Harriet Munson, b. 6 Dec 1839, Beverly Twp., Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 6 Feb 1880, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 40 years)|
| ||2. Aaron Munson, b. 20 Apr 1842, Beverly Twp., Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 29 Dec 1914, Arthur, Wellington Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 72 years)|
| ||3. Sandford Munson, b. 1857, South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
||11 Sep 2023 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Shade first struck out in the direction of what is now the pretty Village of St. George, and from thence south-west until he reached the Grand River again. This he followed until a small tavern and ferry were sighted in the neighbourhood of what is now the City of Brantford. Assisted still by a guide, he next proceeded through the woods to Smith's creek, in the neighbourhood of Ayr which was the westerly limit of Mr. Dickson's lands examining the country as much as possible as he went along. After satisfying himself as to its character, he determined, aided by his compass, to take a straight course eastwards to the river, hoping to come out opposite Mill-creek, more than ever satisfied with his first impressions of this par-ticular locality.
At sundown the river was sighted, but three miles farther down than was expected. Shelter was obtained for the night in a solitary little log shanty, on the east-side of the stream, traces of which could be seen on the Campbell farm, near the road-side, until a few years ago. The occupants were one Ephraim Munson and his wife. They had sailed down the river from Waterloo in a boat some time before, and, attracted by the fine spring entering the river at this point, determined to erect a shanty and locate. They had very little to offer their unexpected visitors for supper but seine suckers which Munson had caught during the afternoon. These fish were, however, fresh and abundant, and Mr. Shade frequently declared afterwards that he had seldom relished anything better in his life. .... in 1829 ... Lent Munson was a poundkeeper.
Reminiscences of the Early History of Galt and the Settlement of Dumfries in the Province of Ontario, by James Young
- [S10] Book - Vol II A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 500.
- [S5] Vit - - ON, Waterloo - 1858-1869 Marriage Register.
Gideon Scott Res: Galt Age: 27 Father: David Born: 1832 Spouse: Hart Manson Age: 19 born: Beverley Township Res: Beverley Township Born: 1840 Father: Lant Scott Mother: Sarah Scott married 14 Jan 1859 county: Waterloo
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration, 011922-84.
Sandford Munson, 27, occ. Yeoman, b. South Dumfries Twp., res. Same, son of Ephraim and Sarah, mar. Ella Ricker, 19, b. Beverly Twp., res. Same, daughter of Christopher and Ruth, Witness(s): Otto Hormuth of Preston and Mary Munson of S. Dumfries, 17 Nov 1884 at Preston
- [S3172] Find A Grave, Cemetery, S., America, N., Municipality, H., & Cemetery, S. (1798). Lent Munson (1798-1879) - Find A Grave Memorial. Findagrave.com. Retrieved 10 May 2018, from https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/34713052/mun.
- [S713] Vit - ON - Death Registration, death certificate 33078 (1914), Aaron Munson.
aaaron Munson, d. 29 dec 1914 Arthur Village, aged 73y, b. Beverly Tp., buried Peel Twp., retired butcher, s/o Ephraim Munson, cause: closure cadice? end of stomach, probably malignant. (some years) and exhaustion from want of nourishment (in bed in week)
|Born - 28 Sep 1798 - Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, United States
|Died - 22 Aug 1879 - , Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada
|Buried - - Sheffield Cemetery, Sheffield, Beverly Twp., Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada