1855 - 1942 (86 years)
||Magdalena Oesch |
||30 Nov 1855
||Hay Twp., Huron Co., Ontario [1, 2, 3, 4]
||Lena Oesch |
||Magdalena Jantzi |
||Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||Baden, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||4 Nov 1942 
||16 Jul 2019 |
||John S. Oesch, b. 5 Mar 1821, , France , d. 3 Jun 1904, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 83 years) |
||Barbara Nafziger, b. 11 Sep 1816, Imling, , France , d. 18 Jun 1896, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 79 years) |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Daniel B. Jantzi, b. 30 Oct 1849, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown |
||23 Jan 1877 
| ||1. Christian O. Jantzi, b. 29 Dec 1877, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 17 Jul 1954, near, Lowville, Lewis, New York, USA (Age 76 years)|
| ||2. Barbara Jantzi, b. 1879, , Ontario, Canada , d. Bef 1955 (Age < 75 years)|
| ||3. Moses O. Jantzi, b. 6 Nov 1881, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 28 Mar 1965, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 83 years)|
| ||4. John O. Jantzi, b. 3 Dec 1883, Hay Twp., Huron Co., Ontario , d. 14 Aug 1964, near, Baden, Waterloo, Ontario (Age 80 years)|
| ||5. Michael O. Jantzi, b. May 1886, , Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||6. Rachel Jantzi, b. Abt 1888, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||7. Matilda Jantzi, b. 19 Jun 1891, , Nobles Co., Minnesota , d. 4 Jan 1967, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 75 years)|
| ||8. Daniel Jantzi, b. 1 Jan 1894, , , USA , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||9. Magdalena "Mattie Jantzi, b. 17 Mar 1896, , Minnesota , d. 17 May 1955 (Age 59 years)|
||17 Jul 2019 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Jantzi. - Magdalena, daughter of John and Barbara Oesch, was born in Huron Co., Ont., Nov. 30, 1855; died at the home of her youngest daughter (Mrs. Allen Bender) Nov. 4, 1942; aged 86 y. 11 m. 5 d. She was united in marriage to Daniel Jantzi Jan. 23, 1877, by Bishop John Gascho of Wilmot. This union was blessed with 10 children. Surviving are 5 sons and 3 daughters (Solomon of Lowville, N. Y.; Christian of Wilmot; Bishop Mose of Baden; John of Erbsville; Daniel of Vulcan, Alta.; Mrs. Joseph Nafziger of Mannville, Alta; Mrs. John Holst and Mrs. Allen Bender of Baden). One son (Michael) and one daughter (Barbara) predeceased her. She leaves 5 sisters and 2 brothers (Mrs. Rachel Gingerich of Baden; Mrs. Barbara Brenneman of Wellesley; Mrs. Katie Brenneman of Milverton; Mrs. Peter Brenneman of New Hamburg; Mrs. John Roth of Imlay City, Mich.; Joseph Oesch of Beggar, Sask.; and John Oesch of Milverton), 51 grandchildren, and 37 great-grandchildren. One sister predeceased in May. She united with the Amish Mennonite Church in her teens and remained a faithful member until death. She had been in good health until about 7 months ago. She became so tired and gradually grew weaker. She was conscious to the last. Her thoughts were always heavenward and she was so very appreciative of everything that was done for her. She attended church regularly as long as she was able. She was loving and kind and filled a worth-while place in the home.
Gospel Herald - Vol. XXXV, No . 37 - December 10, 1942 - pages 798, 799
- [S133] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1901, Wilmot H-4 Page 15.
- [S113] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wellesley Twp. - 1881, Division 4 Page 38.
- [S1507] Census - ON, Waterloo, Baden - 1911, Baden Div. 13 Page 3.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, Obituary of Magdalena Oesch Jantzi - December 10, 1942 - pages 798, 799.