1871 - 1957 (85 years)
||Elizabeth Wagler |
||24 Mar 1871
||East Zorra Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada [1, 2]
||Elizabeth Schwartzentruber |
||Petersburg, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||19 Feb 1957 
||St. Agatha Mennonite Cemetery, St. Agatha, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||23 Jul 2020 |
||Joseph S. Wagler, b. 9 Dec 1841, , Alsace Lorraine, France , d. 28 Jan 1912, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 70 years) |
||Mary Schwartzentruber, b. 20 Jun 1844, South Easthope Twp., Perth Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 9 Nov 1930, Wellesley Village, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 86 years) |
||23 Oct 1866
||, Perth Co., Ontario, Canada 
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Christian Schwartzentruber, b. 30 Oct 1865, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 15 Apr 1957 (Age 91 years) |
||15 Feb 1906 [1, 4]
| ||1. Solomon Schwartzentruber, b. Sep 1907, , Ontario, Canada , d. 1973 (Age ~ 65 years)|
| ||2. Rev. Elmer Schwartzentruber, b. 17 Apr 1909, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 21 Dec 2006, New Hamburg, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 97 years)|
||24 Jul 2020 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Schwartzentruber, Elizabeth, daughter of the late Joseph and Mary Wagler, was born in East Zorra Twp., March 24, 1871; passed away after a comparatively short illness, Feb. 19, 1957, at the home of her son Elmer; aged 85 y. 10m. 26 d. She accepted Christ as her Saviour in her youth and united with the Amish Mennonite Church, to which faith she remained faithful all her life. On Feb. 15, 1906, she was united in marriage to Christian Schwartzentruber, who survived her by less than two months. (His obituary appears above). Surviving are 2 sons (Elmer, Baden, and Solomon, Petersburg), 8 grandchildren, and one great-grandchild, and one brother (Joseph). Two brothers and one sister preceded her in death. Funeral services were held at the St. Agatha Church on Feb. 23 in charge of Ben Gingerich, Orland Gingerich, Peter Nafziger, and Moses Jantzi, with burial in the adjoining cemetery.
Gospel Herald - Volume L, Number 22 - May 28, 1957-page 526
District Couple To Observe 50th Wedding Anniversary
Mr. and Mrs. Christian Schwartzentruber will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary o n February 15th, and will be at home to their friends on Sunday afternoon and evening, Feb. 12th, on the homestead at the home of Solomon Schwartzentruber, 1 mile west of Petersburg.
Both Mr. and Mrs. Schwartzentruber are in fairly good health. The former is 90 years old, and his wife will be 85 in March. They were married Feb. 15, 1906, by the late Jacob Lichti, pastor of Wellesley Amish Mennonite Church.
Mr. Schwartzentruber was born in Wilmot township near Petersburg, a son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Chris tian Schwartzentruber. He has one brother living, John Schwartzentruber, of Petersburg. Mrs. Schwartzentruber is the former Elizabeth Wagler, daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Wagler of Wellesley township and she has one brother living, Joseph S. Wagler, of Wellesley.
Mr. and Mrs. Schwartzentruber have two sons, Solomon, on the homestead; and Elmer of near New Hamburg. They also have seven
New Hamburg Independent 10 Feb 1956
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, Obituary of Elizabeth Wagler - May 28, 1957.
- [S346] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1911, Div. 11 Page 6.
- [S35] Vit - ON, Perth - Marriage Register of Perth County 1858-1869.
Joseph Wagler Birth Place: France Residence: East Zorra Township Age: 25 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1841 Father Name: Joseph Mother Name: Elisabeth Sommer Spouse Name: Mary Schwartzentruber Spouse's Age: 23 Spouse Estimated Birth Year: abt 1843 Spouse Birth Place: South Easthope Township Spouse residence: South Easthope Township Spouse Father Name: Jacob Spouse Mother Name: Cath Roth Marriage Date: 23 Oct 1866 Marriage County: Perth
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, Obituary of Christian Schwartzentruber - May 28, 1957-page 526.