1809 - 1860 (51 years)
||James Drummond |
||, Perthshire, Scotland [2, 3]
||Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
- Staying at James Fraser's Inn.
|Eby ID Number
||31 Dec 1860
||Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [3, 4]
|Cause: logging accident |
||21 Jan 2020 |
||Christina McFarland, b. 1832, Puslinch Twp., Wellington Co., Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown |
||12 Nov 1852
||Puslinch Twp., Wellington Co., Ontario, Canada 
| ||1. Margaret Drummond, b. 1853, , Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. William Drummond, b. 1855, , Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Ann Drummond, b. 28 Jul 1857, Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||4. James Drummond, b. 26 Dec 1859, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
||22 Jan 2020 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- DRUMMOND - A fearful accident took place in the neighbourhood of Galt on Monday last, the 31st ultimo, about 4 o'clock by which a well known inhabitant of the town, Mr. James Drummond, mason, met a most painful death. Mr. Drummond, along with two others, has lately been engaged in cutting saw logs for the Galt mill on the farm of Mr. A. Fergusson, close to the town, there being at the time two other parties chopping in the same bush. About a week ago, a tree felled by Mr. Drummond's party came very near falling on two of the other choppers who were working close to them but under a hill and thus out of sight. On the day above-named, a tree cut by Mr. Drummond starting to fall, he ran to the brow of the hill to give warning to those working below.
Unfortunately he ran in the direction the tree fell and was caught between it and a fallen log, crushing and breaking one leg dreadfully and seriously bruising the other. Assistance was instantly sought by his comrades and a sleigh having been procured, he was placed therein and driven at once to his own home, and medical aid procured. Although sensible to the last, however the unfortunate man never rallied and expired about ten o'clock the same evening. Mr. Drummond leaves a wife and four children to lament his untimely death.
Hamilton Spectator 8 Jan 1861
- [S575] Church Records - ON, Waterloo, Galt - United Presbyterian.
Ann Drummond Born 28 Jul 1857 Galt Parents James Drummond & Christina McFarlane baptized 03 Jan 1858
- [S313] Census - ON, Waterloo, Galt - 1851, Div 1 Pg 5.
- [S530] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Cambridge - Pioneer Pergola (formerly St. Andrews Presbyterian) CC#4488 Internet Link.
In/ Memory of/ James Drummond/ A Native of Perthshire/ Scotland/ Who died Dec 31 1861/ Aged 51 years
- [S932] News - Canada Christian Advocate - 1858-1872, "Death of James Drummond," 23 Jan 1861, p. 2.
On the afternoon of the 31st ult., James Drummond, mason, an old resident of Galt, was cutting trees along with 2 other men on the farm of A. Ferguson near Galt when a tree struck him, breaking one leg, mangling the other, and no doubt causing internal injuries. He was driven to Galt, where he died c. 10 o'clock. He leaves his wife and 4 children
- [S603] Church Records - ON, Wellington, Puslinch Twp. - Puslinch Presbyterian, James Drummon-Christina McFarlane marriage (1852); Puslinch Presbyterian Church (Puslinch Township, Wellington, Ontario).
James Drummond, of Galt, Waterloo County, married Christina McFarlane, of Puslinch. 12 Nov. 1852. Rev. Weldron. Witnesses Alex'r McFarlane And Rob't Webster.
|Born - 1809 - , Perthshire, Scotland
|Occupation - mason - 1852 - Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Married - 12 Nov 1852 - Puslinch Twp., Wellington Co., Ontario, Canada
|Died - Cause: logging accident - 31 Dec 1860 - Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada