1826 - 1868 (~ 41 years)
||William Crawford |
||Esquesing, Halton Co., Ontario [2, 3, 4]
||Branchton Woollen Works |
||South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario, Canada
|cloth dresser |
|scalded to death - several weeks |
|Eby ID Number
||2 Jan 1868
||Branchton, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 4, 5, 6]
|Cause: scalding |
||11 Mar 2021 |
||Elizabeth Ann Sager, b. 29 Jul 1829, Beverly Twp., Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 1903, Lobo Township, Middlesex Co., Ontario (Age 73 years) |
||25 Jun 1847
||St. George, South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario
| ||1. Professor Alexander Wellington Crawford, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Lenora Crawford, b. 1847, , Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Lavina Crawford, b. 1 Dec 1848, Beverly Twp., Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 14 Oct 1924, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 75 years)|
| ||4. Frances Margaret Crawford, b. 30 Jun 1849, South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 22 Sep 1938, , Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 89 years)|
| ||5. Sarah Crawford, b. 1854, , Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||6. George M. Crawford, b. 10 Oct 1857, , Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||7. Alexander Wellington Crawford, b. 15 Jan 1866, Branchton, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 3 May 1933, Hamilton, Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 67 years)|
| ||8. Dr. William Crawford, b. 1867, , Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
||14 Mar 2021 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- William Crawford, son of George and Hester Crawford, was born in Esquesing, in April 1826, and converted in Georgetown at age 14. For many years, he was a local preacher. Mr. Crawford had a cloth factory in the village of Branchton. Last Nov., he was boiling water by turning steam into a barrel when the barrel exploded, scalding him terribly, and finally resulting in his death, Jan. 2, 1868; and survived by his wife and 6 children
Christian Guardian 19 Feb 1868, pg 32
- [S50] Vit - ON, Brant - Marriage Register 1858-1869.
Walter N. Burnet b. South Dumfries Township res: South Dumfries Township Age: 23 born abt 1845 father: Arthur mother: Margaret married Francis Crowford Age:: 17 born abt 1851 b. South Dumfries Township Spouse res: North Dumfries Township father: William mother: Elizabeth Sager married 3 Feb 1868 county: Brant
- [S835] News - ON - Christian Guardian, "Obituary of William Crawford," 19 Feb 1868, p. 32.
- [S713] Vit - ON - Death Registration, death certificate.
Lavina Cornell, b. 1 Dec 1848 Beverly Township, c. Lot 4 Con 7 North Dumfries 14 Oct 1924, d/o William Crawford (b. Peel Twp), & Elizabeth A. Sager (b. Beverly Tp., Wentworth Co.), buried Sheffield
- [S355] Census - ON, Waterloo, North Dumfries - 1871, Sect. 1 Page 50.
- [S1800] Census - ON, Waterloo, Galt - 1891, Section 2 Page 82.
- [S31] News - ON, Waterloo, Cambridge - Dumfries Reformer (1850-1892), 8 Jan 1868.
Crawford, Wm. died 2 Jan 1868 Of Branchton; scalded several weeks ago. Funeral on Saturday. A later newspaper, May 13, 1868, advertises the sale to George Fady and Co of the Branchton Woollen Works, formerly owned by "the late WM. CRAWFORD".