1879 - 1947 (68 years)
||Lavina Shuh |
||26 Jan 1879
||Wallace Twp., Perth Co., Ontario, Canada [1, 3, 4, 5]
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||19 Apr 1947 
||11 Mar 2021 |
||David Shuh, b. 11 Mar 1851, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 27 Jun 1920 (Age 69 years) |
||Barbara Bowman, b. 1 Mar 1857, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 12 Nov 1937 (Age 80 years) |
||8 Jan 1878 [1, 7]
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Lovina Shuh, "was born in Wallace Township, January 26th, 1879."
Eby, Ezra E. (1895). A biographical history of Waterloo township and other townships of the county: being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin: as also much other unpublished historical information chiefly of a local character. Berlin [Kitchener, Ont.]: [s.n.].
Hoover. --- Osborne, son of Anna Moyer and Moses Hoover, was born in Rainham Twp., near Selkirk, Ont., April 9, 1878; passed from this life at the Ontario Hospital, Hamilton, Sept. 22, 1950; aged 72 y. 5 m. 13 d. About two years ago he suffered a stroke, and his health was gradually failing. In 1913 he was converted; he served his Master in the Mennonite Church, where he was an efficient song leader, being a great lover of the hymns of the church. Twenty-two years ago he married Lavina Shuh, of Kitchener, Ont., who predeceased him April 19, 1947. He lived all his life on the home farm, near the church, until his health began to fail. Although no children were born to this marriage, his going is felt keenly, by the church, relatives, and neighbors. Funeral services were held Sept. 24 at the Rainham Mennonite Church, conducted by A. L. Fretz and S. F. Coffman. Interment was made in the South Cayuga Cemetery.
Gospel Herald - Volume XLIII, Number 43 - October 24, 1950 ----- page 1062
- [S10] Book - Vol II A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 358.
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 79.
- [S137] Census - ON, Waterloo, Berlin - 1901, Berlin (Town/Ville) A-7 Page 14.
- [S214] Census - ON, Waterloo, Waterloo North - 1911, Div. 5 Page 10.
- [S721] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration, marriage certificate 22835 (1928), Hoover-Shuh.
Osborn Hoover farmer of Rainham Township, Haldimand, b. Haldimand, s/o Moses Hoover and Anna Moyer, married Lavina Shuh, farmer's daughter, b. Perth County, s/o David Shuh and Barbara Bowman married 3 may 1928 Kitchener
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, Obituary of Osborne Hoover - October 24, 1950 ----- page 1062.
- [S1592] Census - ON, Waterloo, Berlin - 1891, Sec. 5 Page 74.
|Residence - Mennonite - 1911 - Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada