1874 - 1955 (~ 81 years)
||William Henry Sainsbury |
||, England [2, 3]
||Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||25 Dec 1955
||Woodstock, Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada 
||27 Dec 1955
||Ayr Cemetery, Ayr, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||29 Sep 2019 |
||Violet Alice Prato, b. Sep 1887, , England , d. 9 Aug 1956, Waterloo, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age ~ 68 years) |
||12 Jan 1909
||Kensington, , Middlesex, England [4, 5]
| ||1. Eleanor Violet Sainsbury, b. 19 Sep 1910, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Elizabeth Mary Sainsbury, b. 13 Aug 1912, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. William George Sainsbury, b. 1915, d. 27 Sep 1974, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 59 years)|
| ||4. Alice Martha Sainsbury, b. 1916, d. 17 Sep 2006, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 90 years)|
||30 Sep 2019 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|Born - Oct 1874 - , England
|Married - 12 Jan 1909 - Kensington, , Middlesex, England
|Occupation - farmer - 1911 - Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada
|Died - 25 Dec 1955 - Woodstock, Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada
|Buried - 27 Dec 1955 - Ayr Cemetery, Ayr, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
- The death occurred in Woodstock General Hospital on Sunday morning of William Henry Sainsbury, a long-time resident of Blenheim Township, aged 81 years. He had been confined to hospital for the past three weeks. A native of England, Mr. Sainsbury came to this country as a youth, and commenced working among farmers in this district, where he spent the remainder of his life. Later he married Violet Alice Prato, also a native of England, and the couple took up residence on the farm on the 12th concession now owned by Ross Livingston. Here they lived until retiring to Wolverton some six or seven years ago. Mr. Sainsbury remained in good health up until the time of his passing, although he had lost his sight about two years ago. A man of strong political opinions, Mr. Sainsbury was one of the Conservative mainstays in Blenheim Township for many years, and took an active part in Dominion and Provincial elections. Surviving, besides his wife, are a son, George, at home; three daughters, Mrs. William Wait (Nellie) of Brantford, Mrs. Clarence Johnson (Elizabeth) of Waterloo and Mrs. Emmanuel Wideman (Alice) of St. Jacobs. Five grandchildren also sur-vive.
The Funeral The funeral was held from the W. O. Ball Funeral Parlor on Tuesday at 2.30 p.m., with interment in Ayr Cemetery. Rev. J. W. Currie officiated. The pallbearers were: Peter McDonald, Elmer Hiller, Herb. Hiller, Neil Hall, Hugh Guthrie and James Simpson.
The Ayr News Dec 29 1955 pg 4
- [S490] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - The Record (1994-March 2008), Obituary of Alice M. Wideman (nee Sainsbury) - 19 Sep 2006.
- [S367] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Ayr - Ayr Public CC#4489 Internet Link .
SaInsbury/ Wm. Henry SaInsbury/ 1874 - 1955/ his wife/ Violet Alice Prato/ 1887 - 1956/ Wm. George SaInsbury/ 1915 - 1974
- [S264] Census - ON, Oxford, Blenheim - 1911, Div. 2 pg 8 & 9.
W. Henry Sainburg Lot 7 Con 12. b. Oct. 1874 aged 36, b. England, farmer
Violet Alice Sainburg b. Sep 1887, aged 24, b. England
Violet Elanor Sainburg. b. Sep 1901 aged __ b. Ontario
- [S655] Vit - ON - Birth Registration, 39457 (1912), Elizabeth Mary Sainsbury.
Elizabeth Mary Sainsbury b. 13 Aug 1912, Blenheim Twp., s/o William Henry Sainburg (farmer of Blenheim) & Violet Alice Prato married 12 Jan 1909 London, England
- [S655] Vit - ON - Birth Registration, 36270 (1910), Eleanor Violet Sainbury.
Eleanor Violet Sainbury b. 19 Sep 1910 Blenheim twp., d/o Wm. henry Sainsbury (farmer) & Violet Alice Rato, married Kensington, London, England, 12 Jan 1909