1912 - 2007 (94 years)
||Alvin Henry Duench |
||30 Nov 1912
||Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [4, 5]
|Eby ID Number
||18 Apr 2007
||Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||New Dundee Union Cemetery, New Dundee, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||1 Dec 2019 |
||Julius Milton Duench, b. 30 Dec 1884, , Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown |
||Catherine "Katie" Gremm, b. Jun 1888, Bamberg, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- ALVIN H. DUENCH 1912 - 2007 - Passed away peacefully, at Sunnyside Home, Kitchener, on Wednesday, April 18, 2007, at the age of 94 years. Alvin was born in Wellesley Township. He was married to Lydia (nee Goettling) in 1930. Together, they raised their four children and after various work experiences, he worked for the City of Waterloo Works Department until his retirement. Alvin faithfully ushered at St. John's Lutheran Church for 47 years and lived at his home in Waterloo for more than 60 years. Alvin was predeceased by his beloved wife, Lydia, in 2000; and his half-brothers, Dick, Fred, and Herman Wolfe. He is survived by his children, William (Maureen), Marie (Denis) Morneau, Margaret (Bill) Fetter, and Donald (Ruth). Grandchildren, Lee Ann, Patrick, Christopher, and Kerry Duench, Tara (Ron) Brown, Melissa, Shannon, Nichole, Kathleen and Jaimie Duench, Rosemarie and Terry Morneau, Alison, Corinne and Tim Fetter, as well as one great-granddaughter Daniela Duench. Also survived by his half-sister Elsie (Arno) Schafer and "adopted granddaughter" Pat Cornwall. Special thanks to long-time care giver Gisela, and the staff of Sunnyside Home for their compassionate care. Friends are invited to share their memories of Alvin with his family during visitation at the Erb & Good Family Funeral Home, 171 King Street South, Waterloo, on Sunday, April 22, 2007 from 2-4 and 7-9 pm. The funeral service will be held at St. John's Lutheran Church, 22 Willow Street, Waterloo on Monday, April 23, 2007 at 11 am with the Rev. Joanne Peppler officiating. Interment to follow at New Dundee Union Cemetery. Condolences for the family and donations to St. John's Lutheran Church or the Sunnyside Home may be arranged through the funeral home, 519.745.8445 or www.erbgood.com . In living memory of Alvin, a tree will be planted through the Trees for Learning program by the funeral home.
The Record Newspaper 19 Apr 2007
- [S2403] News - Unidentified Newspaper Obituary, Obituary of Henry (Harry) Goettling.
- [S2403] News - Unidentified Newspaper Obituary, Obituary of Henrietta Einwechter - Goettling.
- [S2403] News - Unidentified Newspaper Obituary, Obituary of William Goettling.
- [S490] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - The Record (1994-March 2008), Obituary of Alvin H. Duench - 19 Apr 2007.
- [S175] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - New Dundee Union CC#4561 Cemetery Internet Link.
Duench/ Alvin Henry/ Nov. 30, 1912- / His beloved wife/ Lydia Marie Goettling/ Sept. 19, 1918 - Sept. 4, 2000/ The Lord is my shepherd
|Born - 30 Nov 1912 - Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - 18 Apr 2007 - Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Buried - - New Dundee Union Cemetery, New Dundee, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada