1840 - 1936 (95 years)
||Noah W. Clemens |
||29 Oct 1840
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 3, 4]
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Free Thinker |
|Eby ID Number
||18 Jan 1936
||Grand Rapids, Kent, Michigan, United States
||Lakeside Cemetery, Caledonia, Kent, Michigan, USA
||26 Nov 2023 |
||Amos M. Clemens, b. 13 Feb 1819, , Montgomery Co., Pennsylvania , d. 19 Aug 1887, , Kent Co., Michigan (Age 68 years) |
||Mary Wismer, b. 21 Jun 1821, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 26 Feb 1876, , Kent Co., Michigan (Age 54 years) |
||6 Apr 1841
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [5, 6]
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Mary Magdalena "Maggie" Dodge, b. 4 Apr 1850, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 18 Nov 1923, , Kent Co., Michigan (Age 73 years) |
||8 Apr 1873
||Gaines Township, Kent Co., Michigan 
||26 Nov 2023 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Noah Clemens, "is married to Maggie Dodge. They reside in Grand Rapids, Michigan."
Eby, Ezra E. (1895). A biographical history of Waterloo township and other townships of the county: being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin: as also much other unpublished historical information chiefly of a local character. Berlin [Kitchener, Ont.]: [s.n.].
Noah B. Clemens - Noah B. Clemens, aged 86, passed away Saturday evening at the Butterworth Hospital. Surviving are two daughters, Mrs. Nellie Kennedy of New York City, Mrs Audie McDougal of Germfask, Mich., one son, Harry D. Clemens of Caledonia; four grandchildren and two great grandchildren. Funeral services will be held at the home of his son, Tues. at 1: 30 under the auspices of the R.C. Hathway Lodge, F & A. M. Interment in Caledonia Cemetery. Arrangements by C.E. Cross.
Grand Rapids Herald, 20 Jan. 1936
"Noah B. CLEMENS was born in Waterloo Co., Ontario, Can., Oct. 29, 1849. He is a son of Amos M. and Mary Wismer Clemens, the former a native of Bucks Co., Pa., born Feb. 13, 1819 and the latter of Canada, born June 21, 1821. They were married in 1841 and had seven children, six of whom are living. Henry, Abram, Mary A. (wife of Ed. Williams). Noah B., Rachel, Edwin W. C., and Lydia (Mrs. W. B. Bowman). Mr. Clemens was married April 8, 1873, to Mary M., daughter of Owen and Mary Levagood Dodge, born in Waterloo Co., Ca., April 4, 1850. They have two children: Vermellie, born Sept. 11, 1874, and Audie, born Feb. 26, 1878. Mr. Clemens came to this tp. with his parents in 1863, and now owns a farm of 120 acres on sec. 17. He is a Republican. Mrs. Clemens parents settled in Gaines in the pioneer days of 1855. Her brother, Samuel Dodge, enlisted in the late war November 1861, in Co. A., 3d Reg. Mich. Inf., and was killed at Fair Oaks. He sleeps with the heroic dead on the battlefield where he fell."
History of Kent County, Michigan, Illustrated, Chicago. Chas C. Chapman & Co., 1881, Pg 739:
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 429.
- [S131] Census - ON, Waterloo, Waterloo Twp. - 1851, Div 5 Pg 12.
- [S1946] Census - ON, Waterloo, Waterloo Twp. - 1861 (South Division), Div. 1 Page 6.
- [S670] Michigan Marriages, 1868-1925.
Name: Noah B. Clemens
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 8 Apr 1873
Event Place: Gaines, Kent, Michigan
Birth Date: 1850
Birthplace: Waterloo, Ontario
Residence Gaines, Kent Co - farmer
Spouse's Name: Mary M. Dodge
Spouse's Gender: Female
Spouse's Age: 23y
Spouse's Birth Date: 1850
Spouse's Birthplace: Waterloo, Ontario
Residence: Gaines, Kent Co.
- [S13] Vit - - ON, Waterloo - Wellington District Marriage Register Part 1 1840-1852, Huettner, Jacob Rev. Minister of the Gospel of the Evangelical Lutheran Church, Preston.
- [S244] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Deutsche Canadier (1841-1865) - Index to Births, Deaths and Marriages Announced in the Deutsche Canadier, Berlin, Canada West. originally indexed by Simone Nieuwolt and Sylvie Kuppek..organised by Rosemary Ambrose, 2 Apr 1841 pg 41.
30 Mar 1841 Pastor Huettner m. Amos CLEMENS to Maria WISSMER, both from Waterloo Tp.
|Born - 29 Oct 1840 - Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Residence - Free Thinker - 1861 - Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Married - 8 Apr 1873 - Gaines Township, Kent Co., Michigan
|Died - 18 Jan 1936 - Grand Rapids, Kent, Michigan, United States
|Buried - - Lakeside Cemetery, Caledonia, Kent, Michigan, USA