1846 - 1923 (76 years)
||Elizabeth Histand |
||6 Oct 1846
||Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
||Elizabeth Shantz |
||Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada 
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||3 Jan 1923
||Waterloo City, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [3, 5, 6]
|Cause: Nephritis |
||Shantz's Meeting House Cemetery, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||18 Nov 2019 |
||John Histand, b. 6 Jun 1811, , Chester Co., Pennsylvania , d. 15 Aug 1892, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 81 years) |
||Catharine L. Bechtel, b. 27 Sep 1807, Near Pottstown, Montgomery Co., Pennsylvania , d. 7 Jan 1884, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 76 years) |
||29 Sep 1833
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Menno D. Shantz, b. 3 Nov 1844, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 27 May 1911 (Age 66 years) |
||30 Dec 1873
||Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [1, 5, 7]
| ||1. Harvey Shantz, b. 10 Nov 1877, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 22 Jun 1878 (Age 0 years)|
| ||2. Amanda May Shantz, b. 12 Apr 1879, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Catherine Elizabeth Shantz, b. 1881, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 1895 (Age 14 years)|
| ||4. Mary Ellen Shantz, b. 13 Oct 1891, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
||19 Nov 2019 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Shantz. - Elizabeth Histand, wife of Menno Schantz, was born in Oxford Co., Ont., Oct. 6, 1846; passed to her reward at Waterloo, Ont., Jan. 3, 1923, aged 76 y. 2 m. 28 d. On Dec. 30, 1873, she was united in marriage to Menno Schantz, who predeceased her in 1911. To this union were born 4 children, 2, Harry and Catherine, having preceded their parents to the spirit world, and 2, Amanda and Ellen, with an aged sister, Mrs. M. Unger, Preston, Ont., remain to mourn the loss of a kind and affectionate mother and sister. The funeral was held on Jan. 5, 1923, from her late residence and the Erb St. Mennonite Church. Interment in the Schantz cemetery, north of Baden. Services were conducted by S. Schrader and Oscar Burkholder. Text, Prov. 3: 6. Sister Schantz was a member of the Mennonite Church for many years and departed this life strong in the faith of her Master.
"There are some things we cannot know,
Some things we cannot understand;
But this one thing we hope to go
To mother in that heavenly land."
Transcriber's note: Shantz was also spelled as Schantz in the original.
Gospel Herald - Volume XV, Number 47 - February 22, 1923
- [S10] Book - Vol II A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 389.
- [S133] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1901, Wilmot H-4 Page 12.
- [S159] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - Shantz Mennonite CC#4566 Internet Link.
Shantz/ In memory of/ Menno D. Shantz/ Born Nov. 3 1844/ Died May 27, 1911/ Aged 66 Yrs. 6 Mo. 24 Ds./ Elizabeth Histand/ his wife/ died Jan. 3, 1923/ Aged 76 Yrs. 2 Mo. 28 Ds.
- [S140] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1881, Div 1 Page 46 Family 196.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, February 22, 1923 - Obituary of Elizabeth Histand.
- [S116] Vit - ON - Death Registration.
Elizabeth Shantz Death Date: 3 Jan 1923 Death Location: Waterloo City, b. 6 Oct 1846 Blenheim Township, d/o John Histant (b. Pennsylvania) and Catharine Bechtel (b. Pennsylvania) buried Shantz Cemetery, cause: Cordio Nephritis
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration.
Menno D Schantz Born: Canada Age: 29 Father: John Schantz Mother: Nancy Schantz Born: abt 1844 Spouse: Elizabeth Hiestand Age: 27 born: Canada Father: John Hiestand Mother: Cathernie Hiestand married 30 Dec 1873 married: Waterloo, Kitchener
- [S140] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1881, Div 1 Page 45 Family 195.
|Born - 6 Oct 1846 - Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada
|Residence - 1873 - Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada
|Married - 30 Dec 1873 - Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Religion - Mennonite - 1881 - Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - Cause: Nephritis - 3 Jan 1923 - Waterloo City, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada