1923 - Yes, date unknown
||Magnar Gamst |
||, Norway 
||, USA 
||RR1, Galt, Waterloo Region, Ontario
|Counter Top and Removable Cabinet Assembly |
||Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Galt Furniture |
- Galt Furniture
• The company was established in Galt in 1966 by Magnar Gamst. In 1972, Aldo Zecconi joined the company and was partners with Gamst for many years. After
Gamst's retirement in 1987, Galt Furniture became a corporation, with Aldo and Nadia Zecconi as its owners. The company relocated to Ayr in 1989 when their building on Water Street South was expropriated by the City of Cambridge for the widening of Highway 24.
• Galt Furniture is a contract wood manufacturer, making wooden office and institutional furniture, specializing in chairs, as well as manufacturing desks, dressers, beds, restaurant, church and library furnishings.
• A fire in 2002 destroyed the Ayr plant, but the company has rebuilt.
• Their products have included chairs made for the House of Commons, the Senate and for British Embassies in North and South America, as well as for all Chapters bookstores in Canada (except Kitchener).
A Collecting Plan for Doon Heritage Crossroads 2007
|Eby ID Number
||Yes, date unknown
||19 May 2022 |
- [S2800] Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Passenger List Index Cards, 1883-1948.
Event Place:Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Ship Name: Essi
Care of Dept. of Immig. Hamilton, Ont., Can.
Birth Year (Estimated):