1857 - Yes, date unknown
||Isaac M. Levan |
||30 Jun 1857
||, Ontario, Canada [1, 2, 3]
||Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||Yes, date unknown
||6 Oct 2020 |
||Jacob S. Levan, b. CALC 2 Jan 1830, d. 2 May 1876, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age ~ 46 years) |
||Hannah Master, b. 4 Jun 1839, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 18 Sep 1919, Guelph City, Wellington Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 80 years) |
||9 Sep 1856 [1, 2]
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Emma Sanderson, b. Abt 1857, of, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown |
||20 Jul 1887 [2, 4]
||7 Oct 2020 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Isaac M. Levan B.A., "the eldest, was born June 30th, 1857. His boyhood days were spent in attending the Berlin Central and High Schools. (Do you remember when all but two of the pupils had to remain in after hours for not making over 50% on their history papers? Who was he that caused the pupils to laugh?) When well advanced in his "teens" he entered the Toronto University and after graduating and receiving the degree of B.A. he was engaged in the St. Marys High School where he taught with great success. From St. Marys, Ontario, he went to Owen Sound, Ontario, where he was principal of the High School until September, 1893, when he received the appointment as vice-principal of the school of Pedagogy of the Toronto University which honorable position he still holds. It is yet too soon to write a biography that will do justice to Mr. Levan for he is yet a young man and has not reached the meridian of his powers. Though he has already achieved much--more than enough to satisfy the ambition of most scholars and thinkers-- what he has done must be accepted, not as the measure of his usefulness, but merely as a promise of what he is yet to do. As an instructor he is unsurpassed, never failing to interest the students with practical and valuable ideas. His lectures which are always so abundant in valuable information, are partly the fruit of his own fertile and original mind, and partly the result of patient and extensive research. He always has something new and striking to say on every subject upon which he lectures. On July 20th, 1887, he was united in matrimony with Emma Sanderson. They reside in Toronto, No. 66 Yorkville Ave."
Isaac M. Levan, "was born June 30th, 1857, and was married to Emma Sanderson, July 20th, 1887. He is a graduate of the Toronto University and is now engaged by the board of that institute as one of its lecturers. They reside in the city of Toronto."
Eby, Ezra E. (1895). A biographical history of Waterloo township and other townships of the county: being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin: as also much other unpublished historical information chiefly of a local character. Berlin [Kitchener, Ont.]: [s.n.].
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 874.
- [S10] Book - Vol II A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 76.
- [S2728] aaaBerlin Census 1871, Sect. 2 Page 2.
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 875.