1836 - 1907 (70 years)
||Martha Sophia "Sophia" Schaeder |
||8 Jul 1836
||, Germany 
||4 Aug 1836
||, Prussia, Germany [5, 6, 7, 8]
||Martha Sophia "Sophia" Schrader |
||Martha Sophia "Sophia" Strome |
||Sophia Schaeder |
||Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||4 Feb 1907
||Elmira, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [5, 8]
||Elmira Union Cemetery, Elmira, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [5, 8]
||22 Jan 2022 |
||David R. Strome, b. 6 Oct 1834, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 6 Feb 1908, Elmira, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 73 years) |
||15 Jan 1856
||, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
| ||1. Malinda Strome, b. 29 Apr 1858, , Ontario, Canada , d. 18 Nov 1914, Guelph City, Wellington Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 56 years)|
| ||2. Norman S. Strome, b. 31 Oct 1858, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 1944 (Age 85 years)|
| ||3. Josiah Strome, b. CALC 4 Sep 1860, , Ontario, Canada , d. 23 Oct 1872, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age ~ 12 years)|
| ||4. Annie Strome, b. 26 Jul 1865, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 1947 (Age 81 years)|
| ||5. Alexander Strome, b. 1 Jul 1869, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 13 May 1931 (Age 61 years)|
| ||6. Urias S. Strome, b. 29 Mar 1874, Pilkington Twp., Wellington Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 26 Jul 1957 (Age 83 years)|
| ||7. Simon S. Strome, b. 13 Oct 1876, Pilkington Twp., Wellington Co., Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
||22 Jan 2022 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- After a lingering illness of six or seven months duration caused by an aggravated stomach trouble, there died, at Elmira, last Monday, Martha Sophia, beloved wife of Mr. David R. Strome, aged 70 years, 6 months and 28 days.
The Maiden name of Deceased was Martha Sophia Schrader. She was born in Prussia, Germany on July 8th, 1836, emigrated with her parents to Canada when but six months of age and settled in the village of Doon, Ontario, where she lived until she was married to Mr. David R. Strome, who survives her, and whose home was then at Blenheim. The marriage took place on January 15th 1856. The union therefor extended a little more than one year over the half century and was blessed with eight children, two of whom have predeceased their mother. The remaining ones are Mrs. J. C. Amy, of Elmira, Norman of Hamilton, Mr. E. Stickney, of Peel Township, Alexander also of Peel, Norah of Pilkington Township, Urias of Humbold,, Saskatoon and Simon of Cayuga Ont. These together with a father who still enjoys fair health eleven grandchildren and one great-grandchild, the great majority of whom were in attendance at the sickbed of the deceased, remain to mourn the of a loss of kind mother and helpmate. Deceased was a member of the local Evangelical congregation, the pastor of which will preach the funeral sermon, after the interment which will take place at the Elmira Union Cemetery, today (Thursday February 7th)
- [S10] Book - Vol II A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 531.
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration.
Norman Strome Born: Woolwich (Ont) Age: 22 Born: abt 1859 Father: David Strome Mother: Martha Sophia Schader Strome Spouse: Isabella Anderson Age: 20 Born: abt 1861 born: Glenallan (Ont) Father: James Anderson Mother: Jane Phee married 5 Jan 1881 married: Wellington, Elora
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration, 19053-05.
Simon S. Strome, 28, Occ. Tailor, b. Pilkington Twp., Res. Elmira, son of David R. Strome & Martha S. Schader, married Elizabeth Louisa Wahl, 26, b. Elmira, Res. Same, daughter of Balthasar Wahl & Margaret Hollinger, Witn: Oliver Amy? & Emma Wahl, Both of Elmira, 18 April 1905 at Elmira
- [S161] Census - ON, Waterloo, Elmira - 1901, Elmira (Village) B. Page 1.
- [S98] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Woolwich - Elmira Union CC#4578 Internet Link.
David R. Strome/ Died Feb. 6, 1908 Aged 73 Yrs. 4 Mos./ His Wife Martha Sophia/ Died Feb. 4, 1907 Aged 70 Yrs. 6 Mos./ Christ Is Our Hope/ Strome. A - Father
- [S161] Census - ON, Waterloo, Elmira - 1901, Elmira pg 1.
birth date given is 8 July
- [S915] Census - ON, Waterloo, Woolwich - 1861, Township of Woolwich 1861 Div. 4 Page 32.
- [S2173] Find A Grave, https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/47934312/martha-sophia-strome.
- [S77] News - ON, Waterloo, Elmira - Elmira Signet (1893-1982), Death of David R. Strome - February 19, 1908.
|Immigration - 1836 - Canada
|Born - 8 Jul 1836 - , Germany
|Birth - 4 Aug 1836 - , Prussia, Germany
|Married - 15 Jan 1856 - , Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Residence - Protestant - 1861 - Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - 4 Feb 1907 - Elmira, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Buried - - Elmira Union Cemetery, Elmira, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada