1896 - 1936 (40 years)
||Maylinda Hallman |
||1 May 1896
||Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada [1, 2, 3, 4]
||Maylinda Snider |
|Eby ID Number
||2 Jul 1936
||Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 4]
||Blenheim Mennonite Cemetery, Blenheim Township, Oxford Co., Ontario [2, 4]
||16 Mar 2020 |
||George S. Hallman, b. 9 May 1856, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 7 Nov 1934, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 78 years) |
||Veronica Heckendorn, b. 21 Mar 1861, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 6 Jun 1948 (Age 87 years) |
||21 Mar 1882 
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Omar Snider, b. 29 Jun 1896, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 24 Mar 1980, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 83 years) |
||25 Dec 1918
||Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada [2, 3]
| ||1. Ruth Snider, b. 29 Nov 1919, d. 26 Jan 2011 (Age 91 years)|
| ||2. Eva Snider|
| ||3. Eunice Aileen Snider, b. 7 Jun 1921, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 17 Dec 2012, Barrie, Simcoe Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 91 years)|
| ||4. Gordon Franklin Snider|
| ||5. George Russel "Russel" Snider, b. 3 Apr 1925, d. 2 May 1996 (Age 71 years)|
| ||6. Jonas Clare "Clare" Snider|
| ||7. Eva May Snider|
| ||8. Snider, d. 2 Apr 1928|
| ||9. Snider, d. 6 Jun 1936|
||16 Mar 2020 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Snider. -- Maylinda, daughter of George and Veronica Hallman, was born in Waterloo Co. , Ont. , May 1, 1896; died July2, 1936, at the General Hospital at Galt, Ont. , after an illness of five weeks. She was in her 41st year. At the age of 14 she confessed Christ as her personal Savior and united with the Mennonite Church, being a member of the Blenheim congregation. She lived a consistent Christian life in all these years, having a desire to magnify the name of her Lord. her testimony was: "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. " She was resigned to the will of the Lord in the last trying hours of her life, and expressed a desire to depart and to be with the Lord. On Dec. 25, 1918, she was united in marriage to Omar Snider of Waterloo, Ont. , which union was blest with 5 sons and 3 daughters. She was a devoted wife and mother, having always a deep concern for her family. She is sadly missed in the home, community, and congregation. She leaves her husband, 3 sons, and 3 daughters; also her mother, 3 brothers, 3 sisters, and a host of relatives and friends. Funeral services were held July 4 from their home in Wilmot Township and to the Blenheim Mennonite Church for services in charge of M. H. Shantz assisted by C. C. Cressman. Text, Phil. 1: 21. Burial in adjoining cemetery.
"Mother was tired and weary,
Weary with toil and with pain;
Put by her glasses and rocker,
She will not need them again.
Into heaven's mansions she's entered,
Never to sigh or to weep;
After short years with life's struggles
Mother has fallen asleep."
Gospel Herald, August 6, 1936 - Vol. XXIX, No. 19 - page 415, 416
MRS. OMAR SNIDER - by Record Correspondent - NEW DUNDEE, July 2 - Mrs. Omar Snider, a highly respected resident of New Dundee, passed away at Galt Hospital today after a lingering illness. Deceased was a native of Roseville, being the daughter of the late George Hallman and Mrs. Hallman. She was in her 41st year. Since the family moved to New Dundee Mrs. Snider had been a member of Blenheim Mennonite Church. Besides her husband she is survived by three daughters, Ruth, Eunice and Eva; three sons, Gordon, Russell and Clare, all at home; two sisters, Mrs. Ivan Shiedel and Mrs. Clarence Shantz, both of Preston, as well as three brothers, Arthur of Bedford, Anson of Preston and Edgar of New Dundee. Her mother, Mrs. George Hallman still survives. There will be a private funeral.
Unidentified Newspaper Obituary
- [S147] Census - ON, Oxford, Blenheim - 1901, Blenheim C-6 Page 9.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, Obituary of Maylinda Hallman - August 6, 1936.
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration.
Omar Snider Born: Waterloo Ont Age: 22 Father: Jonas Snider Mother: Susanna Horst Born: abt 1896 Spouse: Maylinda Hallman Age: 22 born: Dumfries Twp Ont Father: George S Hallman Mother: Veronica Heckendorn married 25 Dec 1918 married: Oxford, Blenheim Township
- [S2403] News - Unidentified Newspaper Obituary, Obituary of Maylinda Hallman - Snider.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, Obituary of George S. Hallman - December 13, 1934.
|Born - 1 May 1896 - Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada
|Married - 25 Dec 1918 - Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada
|Died - 2 Jul 1936 - Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Buried - - Blenheim Mennonite Cemetery, Blenheim Township, Oxford Co., Ontario