1889 - 1941 (51 years)
||Henry Elias Burkard |
||29 Aug 1889
||Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 3, 4, 5]
||Elias Burkard  |
|Eby ID Number
||4 May 1941 [4, 5, 6]
|Cause: unexpected departure |
||Breslau Mennonite Cemetery, Breslau, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [4, 5]
||21 Jan 2020 |
||Enoch Burkhardt, b. 28 Jan 1861, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 1940 (Age 78 years) |
||Hannah Eby, b. 13 Apr 1867, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 1943 (Age 75 years) |
||2 Oct 1887
||Elmira, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [1, 7]
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Irena Woolner, b. 26 Mar 1891, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 15 May 1958, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 67 years) |
||12 Nov 1913 
| ||1. Wayne Burkard|
| ||2. Martha Jane Burkard|
| ||3. Sarah Ellen Burkhart|
| ||4. John Homer Burkard, b. Abt 1914, of, Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||5. Viola Burkard, b. Abt 1916, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||6. Lauretta M. Burkard, b. 1920, d. 1973 (Age 53 years)|
| ||7. Ruby Olive Burkard, b. 25 Mar 1922, d. 22 Apr 1992 (Age 70 years)|
| ||8. Kenneth Roy "Roy" Burkhart, b. 23 Feb 1924, d. 26 Oct 2007, Cambridge, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 83 years)|
| ||9. Doris Irene Burkhart, b. 1925, d. 1991 (Age 66 years)|
| ||10. Doris Burkard|
||22 Jan 2020 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- BURKHART. - Herbert E. Burkhart was born in N. Woolwich Twp., Ont., on Aug. 29, 1889, and died in the Kitchener-Waterloo Hospital on Sunday morning, May 4, 1941; aged 51 y. 8 m. 5 d. He leaves to mourn his very unexpected departure: his wife, formerly Irene Woolner, to whom he was married Nov. 12, 1913; his mother, Mrs. Hannah Burkhart of St. Jacobs; 3 sons; Homer, of Breslau, Roy, of Kitchener, Wayne, at home; 6 daughters: Viola, Lauretta, Martha, and Ellen at home, Ruby of Breslau, Doris of Kitchener; 5 brothers: Clarence of Guernsey, Sask., Irvin of Goshen, Ind., Emerson, Lloyd, and Gordon of Kitchener; 4 sisters: Mrs. Irvin Martin of Edson, Alta., Mrs. Mervin Shantz of Alma, Mrs. Abner Musselman of St. Jacobs, and Mrs. Zenas Cressman of New Hamburg. Bro. Burkhart accepted Christ when about 18 years of age, and became a member of the Mennonite Church at Floradale. Fourteen years ago he transferred his membership to the Cressman congregation at Breslau, in which he was a faithful member until his sudden passing. The funeral was held in the Cressman Mennonite Church. Ministers, Oliver D. Snider and Oscar Burkholder. Text: Prov. 27: 1.
Gospel Herald - Vol. XXXIV, No 8 - May 22, 1941, page 174, 175
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 545.
- [S57] Vit - ON - Birth Registration.
- [S171] Census - ON, Wellington, Peel - 1901, Peel I-2 Page 6.
- [S15] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Breslau - Breslau Mennonite CC#4579 Internet Link .
Burkhart / Herbert E.Burkhart / 1889-1941 / his wife / Irene Woolner / 1891-1958 / At rest
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, May 22, 1941 Obituary of Henry Elias Burkard.
- [S59] News - ON, Waterloo - unknown newspaper, Obituary of Henry E. Buckard - abt 5 may 1941.
- [S18] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration index (needs checking to original registration).