1875 - 1950 (74 years)
||Magdalena Hunsberger |
||22 Dec 1875
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
||Lena Honsberger  |
||Lena Hunsberger |
||Magdalena Honsberger |
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||Waterloo City, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||13 Sep 1950
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [4, 5]
||Erb Street Mennonite Cemetery, Waterloo City, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||3 Sep 2019 |
||Abraham Hunsberger, b. 5 Mar 1834, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 28 Oct 1912, Waterloo City, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 78 years) |
||Elizabeth Sherk, b. 30 Jan 1843, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 20 Jun 1924 (Age 81 years) |
||1 Apr 1862
||Greenbush (Kitchener), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [7, 8, 9, 10, 11]
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|Born - 22 Dec 1875 - Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Religion - Mennonite - 1881 - Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Religion - Mennonite - 1911 - Waterloo City, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - 13 Sep 1950 - Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Buried - - Erb Street Mennonite Cemetery, Waterloo City, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
- Miss Magdelena Hunsberger, 74 of Waterloo Township, died Wednesday, September 13, after a lengthy illness. Born Dec. 21, 1875, in Wilmot Township, she was a daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Abraham Hunsberger. She was a member of Erb St. Mennonite Church, Waterloo. Surviving are three brothers, Moses and Abram, Bridgeport; Noah, St. Jacobs; and two sisters, Mary Ann, Preston; Mrs. Jacob (Elmina) Brubacher, Kitchener. The funeral service was held at Erb St. Mennonite Church, Waterloo, Saturday at 3: 30 p.m. with burial in Waterloo Mennonite Cemetery, Rev. J. B. Marti, pastor of the church officiated.
The Elmira Signet, Thursday, Sept. 21, 1950, pg 8
Hunsberger. --- Magdalena, daughter of the late Abraham and Elizabeth (Sherk) Hunsberger, was born in Wilmot Twp., Ont., Dec. 21, 1875; died Sept. 13, 1950, after a lengthy illness; aged 74 y. 8 m. 22 d. In her youth she accepted Christ as her Saviour and remained a faithful member of the Erb Street Mennonite Church until death, always showing her desire for worship in the house of the Lord. Surviving are 3 brothers (Moses and Abraham, Bridgeport, Ont.; Noah, St. Jacobs, Ont.), and 2 sisters (Mary Ann, Preston, Ont.; and Elmina-Mrs. Jacob Brubacher, Kitchener, Ont.). Five brothers (David, John, Enos, Menno, and Ira), and one sister (Lydia-Mrs. Ezra Shantz) preceded her. Funeral services were held at the Erb Street Church in Waterloo, conducted by Clare Shantz and J. R. Martin.
Gospel Herald - Volume XLIII, Number 40 - October 3, 1950 ---- page 990.
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 816.
- [S132] Census - ON, Waterloo, Waterloo North - 1901, Waterloo C-4 Page 9.
- [S140] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1881, Div. 1 Page 40.
- [S77] News - ON, Waterloo, Elmira - Elmira Signet (1893-1982), Sept. 21, 1950 - Obituary of Magdalena Hunsberger.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, October 3, 1950 - Obituary of Magdalena Hunsberger.
- [S366] Census - ON, Waterloo, Waterloo City - 1911, Div. 47 Pg. 8.
- [S20] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Berlin Telegraph (title varies: Berlin Telegraph, Berlin Daily Telegraph) (1853-1922), 4 Apr 1862.
"Hunschberger - Scherk: 1st inst: Abraham Hunschberger to Elizabeth Scherk, of Wilmot." By Rev. Mr. Bindeman, at Greenbush, Berlin:
- [S5] Vit - - ON, Waterloo - 1858-1869 Marriage Register.
Abram Hunsberger Birth Place: Wilmot Township Residence: Wilmot Township Age: 28 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1834 Father Name: Archibald Mother Name: Molly Jantz Spouse Name: Elisabeth Scherch Spouse's Age: 19 Spouse Estimated Birth Year: abt 1843 Spouse Birth Place: Wilmot Township Spouse residence: Wilmot Township Spouse Father Name: John Spouse Mother Name: Magdalene Grobe Marriage Date: 1 Apr 1862 Marriage County: Waterloo
- [S6] Church Records - ON, Waterloo - Bindeman, F. W. - Card Index Kitchener Public Library.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, Obituary of Abraham Hunsberger - November 14, 1912.
- [S7] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Berliner Journal (1859-1917), 3 Apr 1862.
Apr. 1, 1862 Elisabeth Scherch and Abraham Hunschberger, both of Wilmot, by Rev. Bindemann