1834 - 1912 (78 years)
||William Kinzie |
||2 Mar 1834
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 3, 4]
- The craft of beekeeping combined with carpentry has been common among members of the Kinzie family. Fifth generation William Kinsey kept bees on Grant Street in Brantford, Ontario, Canada. Pictures of him in his apiary indicate the old-fashioned non-standardized bee hives. He was also an excellent carpenter and was said to be the "best stair builder in Brant County" according to his grandson III, Albert Grant Kinzie. Gertrude (Kinzie) Langs shares the fact that the remarkably attractive stone house on Burham Street in Doon, (now Kitchener) Ontario was constructed in part by her grandfather William Kinzie. James Albert Kinzie related to us in the 1930's that his father John Mitchell Kinzie spelled his name as indicated, ""Kinzie" while his grandfather William spelled it "Kinsey" as they did in English-speaking Pennsylvania a hundred years before. Why the spelling of the name was changed is unknown. William Kinsey was born in Waterloo County, Canada on March 2, 1834. He married Hannah Mitchell who was born in Toronto, Canada in 1835. They were separated for many years, for reasons unknown. He moved to Burford, Ontario and nothing more was heard of him by any of the family until his death. He dropped dead on the streets of Burford on December 6, 1912. His son William Albert Kinzie and grandson Albert Grant Kinzie brought his body back to Brantford and buried him in the family plot at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Brantford, Ontario. Hannah Mitchell Kinsey died April 17, 1917 and is buried beside her husband William Kinsey in the Mt. Hope Cemetery.
||Waterloo City, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||Ingersoll, Oxford Co., Ontario 
|Eby ID Number
||6 Dec 1912 
||Mt. Hope Cemetery, Brantford, Brant County, Ontario, Canada 
||26 Jan 2020 |
||John Kinzie, b. 1 Apr 1800, , Ontario, Canada , d. 7 Jun 1852, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 52 years) |
||Elizabeth Moxley, b. 15 Dec 1806, , Fairfax Co., Virginia , d. 4 May 1883, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 76 years) |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Hannah Mitchell, b. 1835, , Ontario, Canada , d. 17 Apr 1912 (Age 77 years) |
||7 Feb 1854
||Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
| ||1. John Mitchell Kinzie, b. 22 Jan 1856, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 4 Feb 1941 (Age 85 years)|
| ||2. Mary Jane Kinzie, b. 23 Feb 1857, Doon (Kitchener), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 18 Apr 1937, Brantford, Brant Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 80 years)|
| ||3. Charles Ulysses Kinzie, b. 19 Sep 1864, Akron, Summit, Ohio, United States , d. 19 Nov 1946, Youngstown, Niagara, New York, United States (Age 82 years)|
| ||4. William Albert Kinzie, b. 24 May 1866, Elora, Wellington Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 1 Feb 1960, Brantford, Brant Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 93 years)|
| ||5. Harriet Elizabeth Kinzie, b. 7 Oct 1869, Elora, Wellington Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 15 Mar 1948, Brantford, Brant Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 78 years)|
||27 Jan 2020 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- William Kinzie, "is married to Hannah Mitchel and resides at Niagara, Ontario, where he is engaged in farming. To them are born five children, names not received"
Eby, Ezra E. (1895). A biographical history of Waterloo township and other townships of the county: being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin: as also much other unpublished historical information chiefly of a local character. Berlin [Kitchener, Ont.]: [s.n.].
The article "Descendants of ABRAHAM KINZIG" gathered by Lester Kinzie of Banning, California, in 1975 and was revised in 1977 states that William was born in 1834 and Brantford and was separated for many years from his family. The Brantford Census of 1901 has him born in Germany and coming to Canada in 1863, this could be in error.
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 845.
- [S282] Census - ON, Brant, Brantford - 1901, Brantford (East/Est) d-2 Page 4.
- [S131] Census - ON, Waterloo, Waterloo Twp. - 1851, Div 5 Pg 15.
- [S2173] Find A Grave, Cemetery, M., America, N., Municipality, B., & Cemetery, M. (1834). William Kinzie (1834-1912) - Find A Grave.... Findagrave.com. Retrieved 14 January 2020, from https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/83202626/william-kinzie.
- [S110] Church Records - ON, Waterloo Co., Cambridge - First United.
William Kinzie Joiner Of Waterloo Village, Married Hannah Mitchell, Spinster Of Waterloo, Witn: Peter Wile & Isaac Bengaman, 7 Feb 1854 By License In Galt
- [S284] Census - ON, Oxford, Ingersoll - 1881, Family History Library Film 1375903 District 165 Sub-district H Division 1 Page Number 60 Household Number 324.
|Born - 2 Mar 1834 - Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation - joiner - 1854 - Waterloo City, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Married - 7 Feb 1854 - Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation - carpenter - 1881 - Ingersoll, Oxford Co., Ontario