1896 - 1919 (22 years)
||Robert Frank Knellar |
||31 Jul 1896
||Ayr, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [1, 2, 3]
||Brantford, Brant Co., Ontario, Canada 
|Enlistment WW1 |
- Knellar, Robert Frank Private.
Enlisted Dec. 25, 1917 in Brantford with 2nd Ontario Infantry Battalion. He died in Medical Hospital at Pidsworth of pneumonia following influenza at the close of the war when his parents were expecting him home. He is a son of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Knellar, William St., Ayr, Ontario. He was at Mons and in Germany for a short time and had come through unwounded the hard-fought battles in the latter part of the war.
||died in hospital while serving in WW1 |
||Frank Kneller |
|Eby ID Number
||17 Feb 1919
||Tidworth Military Hospital, , England 
||21 Feb 1919
||Tidworth Military Cemetery, England
||9 Jan 2023 |
||Frederick Edward "Edward" Knellar, b. Feb 1858, Kings Somborne, , Hampshire, England , d. 3 Mar 1940, Ayr, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age ~ 82 years) |
||Mary Althea Philippa Vaughan, b. 1 Nov 1862, Aldershot, , Hampshire, England , d. 10 Apr 1938, Ayr, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 75 years) |
||24 Aug 1894
||Paris, Brant County, Ontario, Canada 
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- In Loving Memory of Pte. Robert Frank Knellar, Who passed away at Tidworth Military Hospital, England, Monday, Feb. 17th, 1919, at 11.20 a.m., Aged 22 Years. The Funeral Took place on Friday, 21st, at 2 p.m., to Tidworth Military Cemetery. One Less at Home! The charmed circle broken - a dear face Missed day by day from its accustomed place; But cleansed, and saved, and perfected by grace! One More in Heaven. One Less at Home! The voice of welcome hushed, and evermore One farewell word unspoken, on the shore Where parting comes not, one soul landed more, One More in Heaven.
Waterloo Historical Society Death Notices Collection - photocopies
- [S326] Census - ON, Waterloo, Ayr - 1901, Ayr (Village) A Page 13.
- [S157] Military - Canada - World War I - Attestation papers.
Robert Frank Kneller Residence: Ayr, Ontario, Canada Birth Date: 31 Jul 1896 Birth Location: Ayr, Ontario, Canada Relative: Mary Kneller Relationship: Mother Regiment Number: 3310136
- [S367] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Ayr - Ayr Public CC#4489 Internet Link .
[Front/East] George Waterman/ born/ at Hursley Eng./ ValentIne's Day/ 1863/ died/ at Ayr Canada/ Oct. 20, 1892/ [Verse illegible]/ + [veteran's Poppy]
[Left/South] Mary/ Waterman/ Knellar/ died/ Apr. 10, 1938/ aged/ 75 years/ Where I Am/ There Ye/ Shall Be also/ Katie Waterman/ died Aug. 24, 1941/ aged 56 years
[Back/West] Edward/ Knellar/ died/ Mar. 3, 1940/ aged/ 85 years/ Come unto Me
[Right/North] Pte. R. F./ Knellar/ aged/ 22 years/ died At/ Tidworth/ England/ Feb. 17, 1919/ I Am The/ Resurrection/ and the Life.
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration.
Name: Mary Althea Philippa Waterman Age: 32 Birth Date: abt 1862 Birth Place: England Marriage Date: 24 Aug 1894 Marriage County or District: Brant Father: Thomas Waterman Mother: Emma Waterman Spouse: Frederick Kemp Kneller Spouse's Age: 37 Spouse Birth Date: abt 1857 Spouse Birth Place: England Spouse Father: Charles Kneller Spouse Mother: Mary Kneller