1906 - 1991 (84 years)
||Elsie Groff |
||22 May 1906
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||Elsie Snider |
|Eby ID Number
||19 Mar 1991
||New Hamburg, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||23 Mar 1991
||Blenheim Mennonite Cemetery, Blenheim Township, Oxford Co., Ontario 
||4 Nov 2019 |
||Andrew B. Groff, b. 9 Sep 1854, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 5 Jul 1911 (Age 56 years) |
||Lydia B. Wilhelm, b. 12 Jun 1875, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 11 Apr 1929, Baden, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 53 years) |
||20 Jul 1898
||Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Omar Snider, b. 29 Jun 1896, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 24 Mar 1980, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 83 years) |
||12 Oct 1938 
||5 Nov 2019 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Snider, Mrs. Elsie - On Tuesday, March 19, 1991, at her residence, Nithview Home, New Hamburg. She was born in Wilmot Township 84 years ago, a daughter of the late Andrew B. Groff and the former Lydia Wilhelm. She was a member of the New Hamburg Conservative Mennonite Church, where she was a member of the Bethany Sisters and where she had been the church custodian. She had worked at Nithview Home as a nurses' aide from 1972-1978 and enjoyed various hobbies which included gardening, baking and fishing. Beloved wife of Omar Snider, whom she married October 12, 1938 and who predeceased her March 24, 1980. Lovingly remembered by her children, Jeannette and her husband Orval Cressman of RR 1, New Hamburg, James Snider and his wife Dianne of New Hamburg, Yvonne Snider of Kitchener, Ruth and her husband Willard Kinzie, Eunice Snider, all of Barrie, Gord Snider and his wife Evelyn of Victoria, B.C., Russell Snider of Lakefield, Clare Snider and his wife Beulah of Delphos, Ohio and Eva and her husband Vernon Brubacher of New Hamburg. Sadly missed by 18 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; two brothers, Moses and his wife Veronica Groff of Durham and Josiah Baer of New Dundee; three sisters, Mrs. Louise (David) Jantzi of Kitchener, Eva Groff of Binghampton, N.Y., Mrs. Lea (Edgar) Hallman of New Dundee; two sisters-in-law, Mrs. Louida (Gilbert) Snider and Mrs. Violet (Simon) Groff. Elsie was predeceased by five brothers and six sisters. Friends and relatives may call at the Mark Jutzi Funeral Home, 291 Huron St., New Hamburg, after 7 pm this evening (Thursday) and until Saturday at noon, when transfer will be made to the New Hamburg Conservative Mennonite church for the service at 2: 30 pm, with Pastor timothy Martin, Pastor Arnold Good and Bishop Merlin Bender officiating. Spring interment in Blenheim Mennonite Cemetery.
Unidentified Newspaper Obituary
- [S74] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Kitchener-Waterloo Record (1948-1994), Obituary of Omar Snider - 25 Mar 1980.
- [S2403] News - Unidentified Newspaper Obituary, Obituary of Eli Groff.
- [S2403] News - Unidentified Newspaper Obituary, Obituary of Ida May Groff - Kaiser - 1989.
- [S2403] News - Unidentified Newspaper Obituary, Obituary of Irvine Groff.
- [S2403] News - Unidentified Newspaper Obituary, Obituary of Mabel Groff.
- [S2403] News - Unidentified Newspaper Obituary, Obituary of Elsie Groff - Snider - 1991.
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration, 014606-98.
Andrew B. GROFF, 42, yeoman, Woolwich, Wilmot, widower, s/o John & Susannah married Lydia B. WILHELM, 24, Wilmot, Wilmot, d/o John & Levine, witn Elizabeth & Susie BOWMAN both of Berlin, 20 July 1898 in Berlin.