1864 - 1928 (64 years)
||Magdelena Wagler |
||18 May 1864
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8]
||Magdelena Zehr |
||Mattie Wagler |
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||Wellesley Village, Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||25 Jun 1928
||Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 5]
|Cause: Cardio Renal, Arterio Sclerosis, apoplexy |
||26 Jan 2020 |
||Christian Wagler, b. 8 Aug 1838, , Alsace Lorraine, France , d. Bef 1911 (Age < 72 years) |
||Magdalena Zehr, b. 21 Apr 1842, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 1928 (Age 85 years) |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Rev. Christian S. Zehr, b. 25 Dec 1864, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 1 Mar 1938 (Age 73 years) |
||26 Jan 1886
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [1, 4]
| ||1. Mary Zehr, b. 15 Aug 1888, , Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Aaron W. Zehr, b. Jul 1902, , Ontario, Canada , d. 4 May 1993, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age ~ 90 years)|
||27 Jan 2020 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Zehr. - Mattie Wagler, wife of Pre. Christian S. Zehr, was born May 18, 1864; died at their home near Wellesley, Ont., June 25 ,1928; aged 64 y. 1 m. 7 d. On Jan. 25, 1886, she was united in marriage with Christian S. Zehr. To this union was born 1 son (Aaron W.). She leaves her bereaved husband, an aged mother, 1 son, 1 foster daughter (Mary - Mrs. Moses Erb), 2 grandchildren (Mary and Harold Zehr) 3 sisters (Mary - Mrs. Jonathan Jantzi, Barbara-Mrs. Christian B. Jantzi, Katie - Mrs. Joe K. Schwartzentruber), 3 brothers (Aaron, Isaac, - Simeon, who preceded her to the great beyond), besides many other relatives and friends. In her young years she gave her heart to Jesus, united with the Amish Mennonite church, and stood in her faith to the end. She will be greatly missed in her home, neighborhood, and Church in which her voice was always heard among the rest while singing. She was a loving companion, a kind mother, and her kindness was not only shown to her immediate family but her home was always open to strangers. On Wednesday, May 30, 1928, she took a paralytic stroke from which she never recovered. Funeral services were held June 27 at the home by Bro. Christian Gascho and at the church by Brethren Chris. Schultz, Daniel Steinman, and Daniel Lebold.
"One by one we soon shall gather
Not as we have gathered here
Bowed and broken - but the rather
In Eternal youth appear."
Gospel Herald - Volume XXI, Number 16 - July 19, 1928, page 335
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, April 21, 1938 - Obituary of Christian Zehr.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, July 19, 1928 - Obituary of Mattie Wagler.
- [S160] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wellesley Twp. - 1901, Wellesley E-6 Page 11.
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration.
Christian Zehr Born: Wilmot Township Age: 21 Father: Christian Zehr Mother: Veronica Zehr Born: abt 1865 Spouse: Magdalena Wagle Age: 21 born: Wilmot Township Father: Christian Wagle Mother: Magdalena Wagle married 26 Jan 1886 married: Waterloo
- [S116] Vit - ON - Death Registration.
Magdalena Zehr Death Date: 25 Jun 1928 Wellesley Township, born 18 May 1864, Wilmot Township, d/o Christian Wagler b. Germany and Magdalena Zehr b. Wilmot. Cause: Cardio Renal, Arterio Sclerosis, apoplexy
- [S140] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1881, Div. 3 Page 37.
- [S504] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wellesley Twp. - 1911, Div. 11 page 5.
- [S190] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1871, Wilmot Twp. 1871 Div. 2 Page 25.
|Born - 18 May 1864 - Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Religion - Mennonite - 1871 - Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Married - 26 Jan 1886 - Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - Cause: Cardio Renal, Arterio Sclerosis, apoplexy - 25 Jun 1928 - Wellesley Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada