1830 - 1896 (65 years)
||Absalom Muma |
||23 Dec 1830
||St. George, South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario, Canada [2, 3]
||Ayr, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||28 Aug 1896
||South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario, Canada 
|Cause: Cause: Calculus of Bladder (3 years) |
||Ayr Cemetery, Ayr, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||22 Sep 2023 |
||Anna Lawrason, b. 1 Apr 1830, St. George, South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 27 May 1909, Blenheim Twp., Oxford Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 79 years) |
||20 Jun 1865
||Brantford, Brant Co., Ontario, Canada [2, 5]
| ||1. George Bertram Muma, b. 1867, South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 28 Mar 1946, South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 79 years)|
| ||2. Clara Augusta Muma, b. 24 Nov 1873, South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 2 Feb 1929, Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 55 years)|
||25 Sep 2023 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- ABSALOM MUMA, farmer, Ayr P.O., Township of South Dumfries, is a native of the County of Brant, Ont., having been born December 23, 1830, in the Village of St. George, and is a son of Christian Muma and Anna Muma. The former was born August 28, 1779, in Pennsylvania, and died in Canada, July 12, 1863; the latter was born in the State of New Jersey, in 1789, and died in Canada, June 8, 1860. Mr. Muma Sr., emigrated to Canada on Feb. 1, 1800, and his wife that was to be came on horseback with her brother-in-law in 1808, and they were united in marriage, Feb. 1, 1813, near Dundas Ont., where they remained several years, when they moved to St. George, in which village they resided until 1833. In that year they went on the farm known as Shannon Farm, and resided there Till 1839. Finally in that year they moved to the farm where Absalom and his family now reside, and rested there the remainder of their days. Absalom Muma, the subject of our sketch, was married June 20, 1865, to Anna Lawrason, who was born in St. George Village, April 1, 1830, and was a daughter of Robert and Margaret Lawrason. Mr. and Mrs. Muma, who are adherents of the Methodist Church, are the parents of three children- George Bertram, Margaret Ann and Clara Augusta. Mr. Muma, who acquired a thorough common school education, by industry has proved very successful in his farming operations. He is owner, at the present time, of 186 acres of improved land, with substantial buildings thereon. He owns in Ayr, a large two-story brick house and three acres of land, with good outbuildings.
The history of the county of Brant, Ontario: containing a history of the county: its township, cities, towns, schools, J. H. Beers & Co. Warner, Beers & Co.
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration.
Clara Augusta Muma Born: S Dumfries Tp Age: 33 Father: Absalom Muma Mother: Anna Lawrason Born: abt 1872 Spouse: William Lambert Anderson Age: 31 born: Ayr Ont Father: John Anderson Mother: Barbara A Lambert Anderson married 25 Jan 1905 married: Waterloo, Ayr
- [S1533] Book - The History of the County of Brant, Ontario, Biography of Absalom Muma: 672.
- [S367] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Ayr - Ayr Public CC#4489 Internet Link .
[Front/West] Harold Kyle/ son of/ Geo. B. & Annie Muma/ died May 9th 1902/ aged/ 6 months and 7 days./ G. Bertram Muma/ died May 21st 1943/ aged 45 years/ George B. Muma/ died March 28th 1946/ aged 79 years/ his wife/ Annie Kyle/ died August 19th 1960/ aged 88 years
[Right/South] M/ In Loving/ memory of/ Absalom Muma/ died/ Aug. 28th 1896,/ aged 65 years/ and 8 months/ Anna Lawrason/ wife of the Above/ died/ May 27th 1909/ aged 79 years/ Muma
[Left/North] Frederic Christian/ Muma/ died April 11th 1975/ aged 68 years/ Ruth Tovell/ Muma/ Died Sept. 2ND 1997/ Aged 87 years
- [S116] Vit - ON - Death Registration.
Name: Absalom Muma Gender: Male Birth Year: abt 1831 Birth Place: Canada Age at Death: 65 Death Date: 28 Aug 1896 Death Place: Brant, Ontario, Canada
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration.
Name: Anne Lawrason Age: 35 Birth Date: abt 1830 Birth Place: Canada Marriage Date: 20 Jun 1865 Marriage Location: Brantford Marriage County or District: Brant Father: Robert Mother: Marg't Carrie Spouse: Abraham Numa Spouse's Age: 34 Spouse Birth Date: abt 1831 Spouse Birth Place: Canada Spouse Residence: South Dumfries Township Spouse Father: Christian Nama Spouse Mother: Anne Vastiner
|Born - 23 Dec 1830 - St. George, South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario, Canada
|Married - 20 Jun 1865 - Brantford, Brant Co., Ontario, Canada
|Residence - 1883 - AYR, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - Cause: Cause: Calculus of Bladder (3 years) - 28 Aug 1896 - South Dumfries Twp., Brant Co., Ontario, Canada
|Buried - - Ayr Cemetery, Ayr, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada