1877 - 1933 (56 years)
||Selina Knechtel |
||1 Oct 1877
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
||Selina Witmer |
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|New Jerusalem |
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||Petersburg, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||10 Nov 1933
||Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [3, 4, 9]
||15 Nov 1933
||Latchshaw Mennonite Cemetery, Mannheim, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [3, 9]
||4 Nov 2019 |
||Alfred Knechtel, b. 4 Jan 1852, Preston (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 27 Sep 1923 (Age 71 years) |
||Elizabeth "Betty" Hallman, b. 20 May 1851, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 21 Dec 1906, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 55 years) |
||19 Jan 1875
||Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [10, 11, 12]
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Witmer. - Selina Knechtel, beloved wife of Bro. J. W. Witmer, passed away at her home in Wilmot Township, Ont., on Friday evening, Nov. 10, 1933, in her 57th year. She leaves her husband and family, namely; Vernon, Luella (Mrs. Vernon Shott) of Kitchener, Grace (Mrs. Lloyd Sider) of Wainfleet, Ont., Edward, William, J. Eldon, and Melvin, all at home; also 4 sisters and 1 brother: Mrs. Alvin Bowman of Guernsey, Sask., Mrs. Henry Koch of Hanover, Ont., Mrs. Moses Bechtel; Mrs. Owen Bechtel, and Ephraim of Mannheim. The funeral took place Nov. 15, from the family residence and thence to Latschars Mennonite Church for services. Services in charge of Bro. Moses M. Brubacher assisted by Bro. Oscar Burkholder. Interment in adjoining cemetery.
Gospel HeralD - Vol. XXVI, No. 38 - December 21, 1933, p. 814, 815
MRS. J. WESLEY WITMER - By Record Correspondent - New Dundee, Nov. 11 - Selina Knechtel, wife of J. Wesley Witmer, age 56 years, passed away at her home near here on Friday. Deceased was born in Waterloo County on Oct. 1, 1877. She was married on Jan. 10 of 1922. At the age of 14 years Mrs. Witmer was converted to the Mennonite faith and has been a member of the Mennonite Church since that time. Surviving are her husband, one brother, Ephriam Knechtel, near Mannheim, four sisters, Mrs. Alvah Bowman of Guernsey, Sask., Mrs. Hy. Koch, Durham, Alta., Mrs. Moses Bechtel and Mrs. Owen Bechtel near Mannheim. The funeral will be held on Wednesday with services at the home at 1: 30 o'clock and thence to the Latchar Mennonite Church. Casket bearers will be: Vernon, Edward, William, Eldon and Melvin Witmer and Clifford Knechtel.
Unidentified Newspaper Obituary
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 764.
- [S133] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1901, Wilmot h-3 Page 1.
- [S49] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - Latschaw Mennonite CC#4560 Internet Link.
J. Wesley Witmer/ born May 27, 1879/ died Feb. 14, 1960/ in his 81st year/ Almeda Hallman/ beloved wife of/ J. Wesley Witmer/ born Dec. 25, 1878/ died Dec. 5, 1920/ in her 42nd year/ Witmer North: Selina/ Knechtel/ wife of/ J.W. Witmer/ born/ Oct. 1, 1887/ died/ Nov. 10, 1933
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, December 21, 1933 - Obituary of Selina Knechtel.
- [S133] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1901, Wilmot H-3 Page 1.
- [S224] Census - ON, Waterloo, Waterloo North - 1881, Div 3 Page 16.
- [S346] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1911, Div. 11 Page 8.
- [S939] Census - ON, Waterloo, Wilmot - 1891, Div. 2 Page 71.
- [S2403] News - Unidentified Newspaper Obituary, Obituary of Selina Knechtel - Witmer.
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration, 9371-75.
Alfred KNECHTEL, 23, farmer, Canada, Mannheim, s/o Peter & Barbara, married Elizabeth HALLMAN, 23, Wilmot, Mannheim, d/o John & Sarah, witn: David HALLMAN of Mannheim & Helena SCHMIDT of Wilmot, 19 Jan 1875 at Berlin
- [S2] Church Records - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Church of the New Jerusalem (Swedenborgian).
Name: Alfred Knechtel Age: 23 res: Manheim Place of Birth: Preston, Ont. Names of Parents: Peter Knechtel & Barbara Drum Bride: Name: Elisabeth Hallman Age: 23 res: Manheim, Ont. Place of Birth: Wilmot Tp. Names of Parents: John Hallman & Sarah Beier Witness(S): Name: David Hallman res: Manheim, Ont. Name: Helena Schmidt res: Wilmot Tp. Date of Marriage: Jan. 19, 1875
- [S7] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Berliner Journal (1859-1917), 21 Jan 1875.
19 Jan 1875 By Pastor F.W. Tuerk in Berlin, Alfred Knechtel was married to Elisabeth Hallmann, both of Mannheim.
|Born - 1 Oct 1877 - Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Religion - New Jerusalem - 1881 - Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Religion - Mennonite - 1891 - Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - 10 Nov 1933 - Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Buried - 15 Nov 1933 - Latchshaw Mennonite Cemetery, Mannheim, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada