1869 - 1928 (59 years)
||Fannie Marie Bartlett |
||14 Apr 1869
||Ryde, Isle of Wight, England [2, 3, 4]
||Fannie Marie Reid |
||Ayr, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||10 Jun 1928
||Ayr, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [3, 4, 5]
|Cause: Cause: Myocarditis |
||13 Jun 1928
||Ayr Cemetery, Ayr, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [4, 5]
||12 Jun 2019 |
||John Quincy Reid, b. 24 Jun 1869, Reidsville, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 14 Oct 1944, Ayr, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 75 years) |
||22 Oct 1903
||, Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada 
| ||1. Walter Irving Reid, b. 24 Nov 1904, Ayr, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 14 Sep 1984, Sarnia, Lambton Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 79 years)|
| ||2. John Howard "Howard" Reid, b. 26 Sep 1906, Ayr, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 13 Jul 1990, Galt (Cambridge), Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 83 years)|
| ||3. Agnes Anderson Reid, b. Jun 1908, , Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||4. Alice Bartlett Reid, b. 5 Feb 1910, Ayr, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 28 Feb 2003, Cambridge, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 93 years)|
||14 Jun 2019 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
|Born - 14 Apr 1869 - Ryde, Isle of Wight, England
|Immigration - 1883 - Canada
|Married - 22 Oct 1903 - , Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada
|Religion - Presbyterian - 1911 - AYR, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - Cause: Cause: Myocarditis - 10 Jun 1928 - AYR, North Dumfries Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Buried - 13 Jun 1928 - Ayr Cemetery, Ayr, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
- Mrs. John Q. Reid - The death occurred on Sunday night, after a brief illness, of Mrs. John Q. Reid, whose maiden name was Fanny Bartlett. Mrs. Reid was taken ill on Saturday night, but seemed much improved on Sunday, and no serious results were anticipated. A turn for the worse occurred on Sunday evening, however, and she expired very suddenly. She was a woman of exemplary character, who was greatly esteemed and respected by everyone, for her many fine qualities, and her loss will be much felt in church and social circles. She was also an ideal mother, and wife, and it will be in the where her cheerful presence will be missed the most. She was born at Ryde, Isle of Wight, England, and was married some 25 years ago. Besides her sorrowing husband, she is survived by two sons, Walter and Howard, and two daughters, Agnes and Alice. She is also survived by her aged father, who resides in Hamilton, and the following sisters and brothers: Mrs. Peters, Gladstone, Man.; Mrs. Wyatt, Neepawa, Man.; Mrs. Rabbitt, Victoria, B.C.; Mrs. Richards, Hamilton; Mrs. Williams, Hamilton; Harry and William Bartlett, Neepawa, Man.
Ayr News Jun 14 1928 pg 10
- [S619] News - ON, Waterloo, Ayr - Ayr News (1897- ), "Walter I. Reid," 19 Sep 1984, p. 11.
Walter Irving Reid passed away at the Trillium Villa Nursing Home in Sarnia on Friday, September 14th. He was in his 80th year.
He had lived in Sarnia since retiring from Ford Motor Co. in 1968, having been with the company forty years, thirty-four of which were spend in Windsor and six in Bramalea.
Born in Ayr in 1904, he was a son of the late John Q. Reid and Fannie Bartlett.
He received his education at Ayr Public and Continuation Schools, Hamilton Technical School and Galt Business College. Prior to joining Ford Motor Co. he worked for a short time with the family owned Reid Lumber in Ayr.
Mr. Reid was a member of Ayr Masonic Lodge for 57 years and had received his 50 year jewel
Survived by his wife Ivy Pruan; brother Howard of Cambridge; sisters Agnes Fowler of Orillia and Alice Reid of Cambridge.
Interment was at Ayr Cemetery on Saturday, September 15th, following a private graveside service.
- [S1282] Census - ON, Waterloo, Ayr - 1911, p 14.
- [S619] News - ON, Waterloo, Ayr - Ayr News (1897- ), "Obituary of Mrs. John Q. Reid," Jun 14 1928 pg 10.
- [S367] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Ayr - Ayr Public CC#4489 Internet Link .
[Front/East] In memory of/ John Quincy Reid/ June 24, 1869 - Oct. 14, 1944/ Fannie Marie Bartlett/ beloved wife of/ John Q. Reid/ Apr. 14, 1869 - June 10, 1928/ Their daughter/ Alice Bartlett Reid/ Feb. 5, 1910 - Feb. 28, 2003
[Left/South] In memory of/ John Reid/ born at Boghall/ Scotland/ April 25th 1796/ died/ May 6th 1879/ Catherine Mathison/ his wife/ born at Yarrow/ Scotland/ March 14th 1799/ died/ Nov. 6th, 1876
[Back/West] In memory of/ Walter I. Reid/ died Nov. 25th 1909/ In his 67th year/ Agnes Anderson/ wife of/ Walter I. Reid/ born at Hawick, Scotland/ Nov. 2nd 1844/ died Jan. 12th 1904/ Reid
[Right/North] Nellie Scott/ dau. of/ Walter I. & Agnes Reid/ died Mar. 18, 1919/ In Her 46th year/ Clara H./ Johnson/ dau. of/ Walter I. & Agnes/ Reid/ died Dec. 7, 1970/ In Her 89th year
- [S796] Funeral Card - transcription -original card location unknown.
BARTLETT, Fanny In Ayr, on Sun June 10, 1928, Wife of John Q. REID. Funeral from her late res., Colquhoun St., Ayr, to Ayr Cem
- [S4] Vit - ON - Marriage Registration.
Name: John Furney Reid Age: 34 Birth Date: abt 1869 Birth Place: Ayr Marriage Date: 22 Oct 1903 Marriage County or District: Wentworth Father: W J Reid Mother: Agnes Anderson Spouse: Fanny Bartlett Spouse's Age: 34 Spouse Birth Date: abt 1869 Spouse Birth Place: Rhode Que Spouse Father: Fred Bartlett Spouse Mother: Elizth Donnes