1829 - 1850 (21 years)
||Anna "Nancy" Bauman |
||23 Jul 1829
||Bloomingdale, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 3, 4]
||Anna "Nancy" Bowman |
||Nancy Bauman |
|Eby ID Number
||29 Nov 1850
||, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 3, 4, 5]
||Bloomingdale Mennonite Cemetery, Bloomingdale, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||4 Jan 2021 |
||Benjamin W. Bauman, b. 9 Feb 1793, , Berks Co., Pennsylvania , d. 8 Jul 1850, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 57 years) |
||Anna Schneider, b. 4 Jun 1792, . Franklin Co., Pennsylvania , d. 11 May 1837, Bloomingdale, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 44 years) |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Joseph C. Bowman, b. 12 Jan 1830, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 16 Jun 1905, Grand Rapids, Kent, Michigan, USA (Age 75 years) |
||14 May 1850 [2, 5]
||5 Jan 2021 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Nancy Baumann, "the fifth daughter of Benjamin W. Baumann, was born at Bloomingdale, July 23rd, 1829, and was married to Joseph C., son of Elias and Polly Clemens) Baumann, May 14th, 1850. She died in the county of Waterloo, November 29th, 1850."
Eby, Ezra E. (1895). A biographical history of Waterloo township and other townships of the county: being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin: as also much other unpublished historical information chiefly of a local character. Berlin [Kitchener, Ont.]: [s.n.].
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 113.
- [S3] Book - Vol I A Biographical History of Waterloo Township and other townships of the county : being a history of the early settlers and their descendants, mostly all of Pennsylvania Dutch origin..., 130.
- [S244] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Deutsche Canadier (1841-1865) - Index to Births, Deaths and Marriages Announced in the Deutsche Canadier, Berlin, Canada West. originally indexed by Simone Nieuwolt and Sylvie Kuppek..organised by Rosemary Ambrose, 6 Dec 1850 Page 49.
Anna Bauman Died 29 Nov 1850 Wife of Joseph. Daughter of the recently deceased Benjamin Bauman. Very quick death. 21 years, 4 months, 6 days.
- [S226] Cemetery - ON, Waterloo, Woolwich - Bloomingdale Mennonite Cemetery CC#4581 Internet Link.
In memory of/ Nancy Bauman/ Wife of/ Joseph C. Bauman/ Born July 23, 1829/ Died Nov. 29, 1850/ So fades the lovely blooming flower/ Frail smiling solace of an hour,/ So soon our transient comforts fly/ And pleasures only bloom to die.
- [S8] News - Gospel Herald, Obituary of Joseph C. Bowman - June 29, 1905, pages 207 and 208.
Bowman.-Joseph C. Bowman, oldest son of Elias and Polly (Clemens) Bowman, was born in Waterloo Co.., Ontario, Jan, 12, 1830, and was married to Anna Bowman, May 14, 1850. She died Nov. 29, 1850, and Oct. 5, 1852, he was married to Lydia Wismer of Waterloo Co.., Ont. They moved to Kent Co., Mich., in 1865, where they have since resided. At that time Grand Rapids was little more than a trading post, and the surrounding country an almost unbroken forest. He died at his home, about 3 1/2 miles west of Caledonia, on the 16th of June 1905, after suffering for a few days of paralysis; aged 75 Y., 5 M., 4 D. He leaves his wife, one son, two daughters, also a number of grandchildren, beside three brothers and four sisters and a host of friends. He was the oldest of fourteen children and the seventh to pass away. He was widely known and highly esteemed for his excellent qualities as a Christian and his end was peace. Until his eyesight failed, a few years ago, he was a regular reader of the Herald. Interment on the 19th in the cemetery adjoining the Gaines U. B. church. Funeral services by Bish. H. T. Barnaby from Heb. 9: 27, assisted by Alvin Barnaby. We mourn not as do those who have no hope, but because there has passed from our circle one whom we loved, one whose life wielded an influence for good, and at whose home all were made welcome. May God bless and comfort the bereaved widow and family in this affliction. A. B. K.
|Born - 23 Jul 1829 - Bloomingdale, Woolwich Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - 29 Nov 1850 - , Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Buried - - Bloomingdale Mennonite Cemetery, Bloomingdale, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada