1838 - 1878 (40 years)
||Marianne Kaenel |
||, Switzerland [2, 3, 4]
|House of Industry and Refuge
The House of Industry and Refuge. In 1868, 141 acres was purchased on Frederick Street in Berlin (now Kitchener) and the house opened on June 15, 1869. The original building housed 100 and operated as an industrial farm, which raised crops and livestock. The residents worked for their keep if possible, those most did not. The House eventually became a strictly a residence of the aged and later relocated and renamed Sunnyside.
||Marianne Jaimet |
|Eby ID Number
||9 Oct 1878
||Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [2, 3, 4]
|Cause: ship fever two weeks |
||House of Industry and Refuge Cemetery, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
||17 Feb 2020 |
||Johann Heinrich "John" Jaimet, b. 10 Oct 1844, , Switzerland , d. 5 Jan 1911, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 66 years) |
| ||1. Frederick Jaimet, b. 1869, , Germany , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Ernst Jaimet, b. 1875, , Germany , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. Rosa Jaimet, b. 1875, , Switzerland , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||4. Emma Eliza Jaimet, b. 17 Jun 1878, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 18 Sep 1878, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada (Age 0 years)|
||17 Feb 2020 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Marianne died while the family was fairly new in the country. In the records Register of Paupers, Vagrants, and Idiots, received at House of Industry and Refuge County of Waterloo., she is listed as sick and destitute being in the county for one month along with her was her daughter Rosa Jaimet aged 1 1/2, b. Switzerland whose "mother was in the house"
- [S57] Vit - ON - Birth Registration.
Name: Emma Eliza Jaimet
Event Type: Birth
Event Date: 17 Jun 1878
Event Place: Berlin, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Registration Date: 1878
Father's Name: John Jaimet - tailor of Berlin
Mother's Name: Marianne Kaenel
Certificate Number: 032053
- [S1848] House of Industry and Refuge Burial Register - Kitchener.
Marianne Jaimet Died: 9 Oct 1878 Age 38 Cause: Heat Disease following coughing? Tier 3 Grave 9
- [S7] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Berliner Journal (1859-1917), 24 Oct 1878.
Died 9 Oct 1878 Marianne Jaimet, wife of John Jaimet, died in the poorhouse in Berlin, at age of 37 years
- [S116] Vit - ON - Death Registration.
Marianne Jaimet d. 9 Oct 1876 Berlin, aged 38 b. Switzerland, cause: ship fever two weeks