1791 - 1855 (64 years)
||Peter Liebler |
||1 Jan 1791
||, Baden, Germany 
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada 
|Eby ID Number
||25 Feb 1855
||Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada [1, 5]
||Weber Mennonite Biehn Drive Cemetery, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
||22 Apr 2021 |
||Mary Main, b. 1805, Hamilton, Wentworth Co., Ontario, Canada , d. 21 Apr 1883, Port Elgin, Saugeen Twp., Bruce Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 78 years) |
| ||1. George Liebler, b. Abt 1820, of, Waterloo City, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Elizabeth Jane Liebler, b. 1832, Dundas, West Flamborough Twp., Wentworth Co., Ontario , d. 10 Feb 1899, Port Elgin, Saugeen Twp., Bruce Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 67 years)|
| ||3. Clarissa Liebler, b. 22 Mar 1835, , Ontario, Canada , d. 15 Dec 1904, Zurich, Hay Twp., Huron Co., Ontario, Canada (Age 69 years)|
| ||4. Anna Liebler, b. 23 Feb 1837, Wilmot Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 2 Jan 1888 (Age 50 years)|
| ||5. Peter Liebler, b. 1839, , Ontario, Canada , d. 1872 (Age 33 years)|
| ||6. John Liebler, b. 1840, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||7. Jacob A. Liebler, b. 4 May 1841, , Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||8. William Liebler, b. 1842, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||9. Theodore Liebler, b. 10 Sep 1845, Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada , d. 4 May 1923, Manitoulin, Ontario (Age 77 years)|
||23 Apr 2021 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- A-1-64 Peter Liebler: The Last Will and Testament of Peter Liebler of the Township of Waterloo, Yeoman.
In the name of God, Amen. I, Peter Liebler, of the Township of Waterloo, Yeoman, do make and constitute these presents, dated the eighteenth day of August in the year of our Lord 1859, to be my Last Will and Testament, desiring and ordaining, that it shall be held with my estate, after my demise, as follows, that is to say : ..
1) My Widow Mary, a born Mane, is to go on with the place and with the household as hitherto, until my youngest son be on age or maturity, provided she remains my widow.
2) In case that my widow intermarries again before my then youngest son be on age, or that she dies before he is on age, then the place on which we now live is to be rented away until he be on age, and all the personal property be sold by Public Sale, to be done with as hereinafter provided.
3) Whenever my widow intermarries again and the place be rented away, or whenever the place be assumed by any of my 6 sons, or be sold, she is, when then living, to receive on Third part thereof, as also of the personal property, in place of her Dower.
4) When my youngest son Theodore Liebler has attained his full age, he is to have the place, situate in Hiestand's Tract, according to the appraisement of two or three disinterested competent men, but is he refuses to take it then the next oldest shall have the choice, and so on further up, but if none of my four (namely now four) younger sons does accept thereof, then it is to be sold to the best advantage of my Estate.
5) Should my widow decline to go on with the place and household with my children, she is at liberty to do so, and then also is the place to be rented as aforesaid, loose property to be sold, and my children be put out to their own best advantage and welfare, but in each and every case they shall receive sufficient School Education, the boys six months in each and every year, until they be respectively on the age of fourteen, the girls as much as circumstances shall and may admit, and the boys shall also be at liberty to learn trades.
6) My eldest son George Liebler, being already provided for, is to remain in place and satisfaction of all further claims upon my Estate the sum of One Pound and five shillings of lawful money of Canada. [After dedication of the widow third, if any to be deducted, and of my sons George's portion, all the remainder is to be divided so that the daughters receive half the portions of what the sons receive, and which are to be held alike lines crossed out] .
7) As the Executors of this my Last Will and Testament, I hereby nominate and appoint my beloved widow Mary, a born Mane, and my beloved and trusty friends Abraham D. Clemens and John Stoeckle of the Township of Waterloo
NB: [Seems to have been added 18th December 1850] : In place and stead of the Sentence across out in Article "6" above - reads thus:- After deduction of the Widow Third (if any to be deducted) and of my son George's Portion, all the remainder, if any there be, shall be divided in equal shares amongst my other sons, provided however, that at the time of my demise my two youngest daughters have received already their respective Marriage portions, but if they, or either of them, shall have not received it then, either of them, or the remaining of them, is to receive one Cow, one full Bed, with bedding and bedstead, six chairs and one chest. And this is my Will in regard to them….Eighteenth day of December 1850
Inventory delivered amounting to $542 - or One Hundred and Thirty five pounds, ten shillings.
Witnessed Abraham D. Clemens and Johannes Stoeckle
Will dated 18 August 1849, 18 December 1850
Proved, approved and the Probate granted 13 March 1855
Inventory amount £135/10/-
Died 25 February 1855.
Surrogate Court Records Copybook Register A 1853-1871 transcript to 1863. Frances Hoffman transcriber.
- [S7] News - ON, Waterloo, Kitchener - Berliner Journal (1859-1917), 26 Apr 1883.
21 Apr 1883 Widow Maria Liebler, formerly resident in Waterloo township, died in Port Elgin
- [S6] Church Records - ON, Waterloo - Bindeman, F. W. - Card Index Kitchener Public Library.
Anna Liebler d/o Peter & Maria, born 23 Feb 1837, bapt. 14 Nov 1837 Wilmot, sponsors: Agatha Buscher, parents.
- [S131] Census - ON, Waterloo, Waterloo Twp. - 1851, Div 5 Pg 20.
Peter LIEBLER Farmer Birthplace: Germany Age 58 Roman Catholic
Mary LIEBLER Birthplace: Canada Age 46 Church of England
Anna LIEBLER Birthplace: Canada Age 15 Church of England
Jacob LIEBLER Birthplace: Canada Age 11
John LIEBLER Birthplace: Canada Age 11
William LIEBLER Birthplace: Canada Age 9
Theodore LIEBLER Birthplace: Canada Age 6
- [S131] Census - ON, Waterloo, Waterloo Twp. - 1851, Div 5 Pg 20.
- [S1737] Probate - Wills of Waterloo Register A 1853-1871, Last Will of Peter Liebler A-1-64 18 Aug 1849.
|Born - 1 Jan 1791 - , Baden, Germany
|Occupation - farmer - 1852 - Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Died - 25 Feb 1855 - Waterloo Twp., Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada
|Buried - - Weber Mennonite Biehn Drive Cemetery, Kitchener, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada